I need help IDing a movie. (good, detailed, memorable scene inside)

I’ve been thinking about this movie for ages, although I have no idea what movie it’s from. It’s a movie I saw as a kid (a few times, actually) but the last time I saw it must have been around age six or seven.

I seem to remember it being a horror movie with a lot of short stories in it (like Creepshow or Trilogy of Terror or John Carpenters Body Bags…although it’s not any of them).
One of the stories (which was the last one told) ended with a guy who was taking a shower in one of those glass door encased showers. The water suddenly turned cold and then freezing on him (and I remember him yelling in surprise at this). And then, when trying to get out of the shower, he couldn’t because the glass door was stuck.

So he froze to death in the shower and, I remember, one of the last shots was of his body falling out all stiff and frozen.

What IS this movie? This is the only scene I remember clearly…although I remember bits and pieces from other stories in the same movie (I think).
I THINK (not sure, though) other parts/stories in the movie included someone driving and dying by way of crashing into the back end of a truck and having the truck’s exhaust pipe kill them and another where a girl was walking around her house/apartment thinking someone else was in there and you see THIS GUY walking around behind her and into various rooms but she never seems to notice him.
What movie is this? Does anyone know?

I don’t recognize the story you mention, but this one, I do:

Unfortunately, I THOUGHT the movie was called Ghost Story, but checking IMDB, the only movie by that name in the right period doesn’t appear to be the right one.

This doesn’t help us unless we know what year you were six or seven, and approximately when it was likely to have been filmed.

Any possibility it wasn’t an anthology film, but rather 1978’s The Legacy, with Katharine Ross & Sam Elliot? There’s a scene at the end of the film where Elliot takes a shower and is locked in, whereupon the water turns scalding and he has to shatter the door.

There’s also Pulse, but that features Roxanne Hart as the unlucky shower-goer. Does include some issues with pipes, however.

That’s all I could come up with so far. :slight_smile:

This bit sounds familiar, except it wasn’t the truck’s exhaust pipe - the truck was carrying a load of pipes, and one of them went through the windshield. Pretty sure it was one of the sequels to The Amityville Horror, but I wouldn’t bet my life on it.

I’m pretty sure that happens at the beginning of The Descent, too.

Well, that’s not to say that the film was new the years I saw it, but I get what you’re saying…it would help, you’re right. So it was a movie that was out as early as, say, 1985 to 1988…although it could be older.

No, this was definitely a vehicles exhaust pipe…because I remember the pipe going through the windshield of the car and the smoke billowing out into the girls face and killing her via carbon monoxide.

That’s not to say it’s the same movie as the guy who is frozen to death in his shower, though…but the memories seem to be linked in my mind so I’m thinking the chances it’s the same movie are good.

Nope…this guy dies and it’s cold/freezing water that does it and it’s a guy. I seem to remember this guy having a mustache and beard too.
I appreciate all the guesses so far, though.

All righty, this is a tough assignment, Idle Thoughts. Only reference I’ve found is this:

Does that sound at all familiar? It’s a description of an episode of an anthology series called TerrorVision, which had a brief run on British TV (but I believe was also shown in the US, at least that’s what Wikipedia says). Episodes were 15 minutes long, so maybe it was syndicated to be shown on Saturday afternoons or whenever sports events ran short/long?

The description is pulled from this page – warning, NSFW image at the top of nekkid ladies – which is a transcript of a different episode. Otherwise, that’s all I got.

Arrggghhh, I appreciate the searching you must have done to find that…but that’s not it. : /
This was a movie, that I’m sure of, although I did check out that link and did some long searches on “Terrorvision” just in case.

You’d think with that good of a description of the movie, someone would know it or have seen it…the trick is just knowing where to ask, I guess (and hoping the right persons see it).

Wow, so I apparently have seen a movie that NOBODY ELSE has seen. :eek: