Michael Jackson Dead

Just got this AOL alert:

We’ve just learned Michael Jackson was taken by ambulance to a hospital in Los Angeles … and we’re told it was cardiac arrest and that paramedics administered CPR in the ambulance.

He was picked up at his home around 20 minutes ago – we’re told his mother is on the way to visit him.

UPDATE: The 911 call came in at 12:21PM at his Holmby Hills home in L.A.

UPDATE: A Jackson family member tells TMZ Michael is in “really bad shape” and the brothers are headed to UCLA.

UPDATE: We just got off the phone with Joe Jackson, Michael’s dad, who says “he is not doing well.”

Another OD, I’d guess.

If they were giving him CPR, that’s very very bad. If this is true, I think I might finally score in the dead pool.

CNN says, “he was not breathing when paramedics arrived”

LA Times confirms he wasn’t there – quotes fire department as confirming he wasn’t breathing.

Cardiac arrest + no breathing for more than a very minutes = a high probability of death, and brain damage at best.

If everything is true, it won’t surprise me to find out he’s DOA . I’m predicting an OD of sleeping pills.

TMZ is reporting that he has died.

MSNBC is not saying he died. Huffington and Drudge say he is reported to have passed. Kicks Farrah off the front burner in a hurry.

To be fair, Huffington and Drudge both report that TMZ reports that he died.

Governor Sanford is likely breathing a huge sigh of relief. In private, of course.

Link for anyone interested. All over the front page, obviously.

ETA: Guess those concerts planned for later this year in London are off.

As **Diogenes ** said above, reports are that he was DOA.

This should be welcome news for Mark Sanford.

Man, two icons for their respective decades die on the same day. Farrah’s poster sums up the 70s and Jackson’s glove is all 80s.

Or Zombie Michael Jackson will do his best performance of Thriller ever.

A friend of mine and I bet another that there was no way that the concerts would actually happen. That either he’d have some kind of meltdown or a health issue would crop up.

If he wasn’t in full arrest when the paramedics got there, his chances of survival would seem quite poor.

Damn.

LA Times is reporting that he is in a coma.

My husband and I were just talking about him last night.
This is kinda sad. Jackson-love was a big part of my childhood.

Probably is going to turn out to be true, but it’s weird that the major outlets aren’t reporting this yet. Yahoo! News did pick up the TMZ story, though.

Sad to hear that. I was looking forward to him having another stab at his career.

Wow, I am so in shock right now! Unbelievable!