Morgan Freeman to marry his step-granddaughter?

I thought this was some sort of Onion style spoof post, but apparently it’s not. The Enquirer is not a standard MSM source but when it comes to celebrity foibles their accuracy is pretty high. Seems pretty creepy if true. Anyone have more on this?
Morgan Freeman To Marry His Step-Granddaughter E’Dena Hines?

Now, NE has learned that Morgan and E’Dena are planning to wed after Morgan’s contentious divorce battle is over!

“Morgan has led her to believe that he wants to marry her,” says a family insider.

“Becoming Mrs. Morgan Freeman has been E’Dena’s goal,” revealed another source

If true, that is seriously icky.

Woody Allen’s just looking better & better.

No more God-roles for you, Morgan!

Interesting. I wait to see the reaction from the people I know that refuse to watch Woody Allen movies because of his past.

Actually, he sounds much closer to the god of the bible now than he did before.

So she’ll be her own grandma?

This newspaper says it’s not true, but it doesn’t directly quote the spokesman who they say has denied the story.

Well, she is cute.

:o <–spews vomitus…

Let him do what he wants, I say. He’s a free man.

badda bing!

It’s more fun to read the articles in the comforting voice of Morgan Freeman.

+1

I don’t get icked out by age discrepancies like a lot of people.

And aside from that, the two aren’t actually related so…

I wouldn’t have a problem with this if it were any of my business.

I’m guessing Freeman’s spokesman wanted to emphasize the “definitely not more than nine years” timeline here.

It wasn’t really bothersome to me until I tried looking at it as if it had occurred in my life. I just can’t imagine myself marrying the son of my step-daughter. For one thing, he’d be at least 40 years younger than I, at this point…and then my step-daughter would be my mother-in-law? No, thanks!

I actually don’t get icked out by biological relation, in itself. But the article states “She is the granddaughter of Morgan’s first wife - whom he and his estranged second wife Myrna raised since she was a young child.”; if it really is true that he raised her, then I would find this seriously icky. I’m not sure why, but that squicks me out, the way I’d be squicked out by a father hitting on his grown daughter, even if she was adopted.

They can do whatever they want; I’m not the boss of them. But it’ll strike me as icky, is all.

Yeah, it’s not the age difference, it’s the fact that he helped raise her. That’s as bad as any real incest in my book…again, if this is true. Considering the source is the national enquirer, I’ll reserve judgement until a reputable source comes along.

I read something about this the other day. The article I read definitely made it seem like he was a predator from early,* early *on in their relationship- like young teens and that his wife had to reign him in, knowing of his attraction to the young girl. If true, that’s disgusting.

I agree that is the part that makes it really weird. The Westermarck effect appears to be an in-born barrier to incest, so it is really quite weird when someone is attracted to a child they raised even if they aren’t genetically related.
Another problem with this sort of situation is that it makes you wonder when the adult’s attraction to the child first started, and if there was inappropriate sexual contact going on between them when the child was too young to consent to any of it.
Hopefully that is not true, but it is creepy to think about.

I don’t really understand. I don’t entirely have a problem with the situation if she grew up in an entirely different house, but…I was raised by someone who wasn’t related to me, an adopted father, and I squirm just as much as if it were my real father to even think of getting intimate with him. It’s nasty to me - I was too young already when the feelings of “father” came into place.

How can she feel anything for him when he supposedly raised her from childhood? I hate to say it but that girl’s got some serious Daddy issues.