Opinions on Unificationism? (Sun Myung Moon)

The Unification Church has gained notoriety over the years for founder Sun Myung Moon’s supposed tax evasion and bizarre, heretical teachings. The thing is, I can’t find any evidence of illegality beyond malicious attacks by the media, but it’s understandable to want to drown out any new Christian cults that pop up every now and then. The reason I’m asking your opinions is because the church seems to be growing pretty fast, so it may not be completely forgotten just yet.

What experience have you had with the group? Is it just another branch of Christianity that should be treated as such, or something dangerous, interesting, etc.?

http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Cults/unificat.htm They are a hotbed of conservatives, which is ironic since most conservatives are fundies. But Moon owns a ton of businesses including the Washington Times.

The Holy Spirit Association for the Unification of World Christianity teaches that Jesus succeeded at being the Spiritual Savior of humanity through His Death and Resurrection, but failed at being the Physical Savior because of His not starting the Perfect Family. To make up for this, Sun Myung Moon has come as Lord of the Second Advent to start that Perfect Family into which all humanity will be absorbed. In the past decade, he took out newspaper ads claiming that Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed, and all other religious leaders and even Marx & Lenin have appeared to acknowledge Moon as Lord.
My only experience with them was attending an Anti-Communist seminar at Grad School that I bailed out on when I figured out it was a Moonie front group.
It’s pretty much spitting in the face of historic Christianity & every other religion & philosophy out there.

I just saw in the news though that Moon himself is retiring as active leader of The Unification Church & leaving the leadership in the hands of his sons.

Hey, I got the Sun in the morning and the Moon at night. Nice having a deity available 24/7.