Breakfast Sausage -- Time to Vote

Based on the Breakfast Sausage – Pre-Poll Discussion which came as a follow-up to Favorite Breakfast Meat – First Pass and Breakfast Meats – Pre-Poll Exploration here are the items from the “Sausage” category along with the ones from “Lunch Meat,” “Mystery Meat,” and Pudding categories in the latest poll.

If you just must vote “Other” please post what the “other” thing(s) may be. I tried my best to get the choices as complete as possible before now, but it’s time to do some voting to narrow this field down!

Multiple choice! That includes “Other” if you need it.

Where? How?

It ought to be visible now. Not sure how it happened that way.

Woo hoo! Reppin’ my home state of NJ, the ONLY choice was Taylor Ham.

I voted other cause you left Goetta off the list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goetta

An oversight for which I apologize. Thanks!

Quite all right. I’m used to people not knowing about goetta, it’s very much a regional thing.

Most of those are not breakfast sausages, so I just picked the ones I like. What is Taylor Ham sausage? I think there were a couple of others I wasn’t familiar with or have never tried - for example, fried salami sounds good, but I’ve never had it. Also, some chorizos I like, some not as much. They’re pretty diverse.

Nuremberg sausages are the best ones you left off of the list. They look sort of like American link sausages (or vice versa, I’m pretty certain the Nuremberg ones came first) but taste different and are normally bought as three on a hard roll with some mustard.

Taylor Ham

From List of German dishes From Wikipedia

Good to know about Nuremberg sausages. Thanks.

Eh, I just buy Bob Evans, or Jones Sausage heat n’ eat links. I always serve the family breakfast with eggs, etc. but I hide two links for myself in the refrigerator. For ‘later’, as I’m a grazer, not a 3 squares a day type.

What’s the difference between Polish sausage and kielbasa?

Link sausage. I love Kielbasa, but rarely choose it for breakfast.

At least Kielbasa From Wikipedia thinks they’re the same thing.

I asked in the discussion thread and didn’t get an answer. Maybe I should have checked Wikipedia earlier.

Now we know.

I voted for link sausage, even though two of my favorite breakfasts involve other types of sausage. Link is the default.

My 2 votes are in.

The East Coaster in me says Pork Roll (Taylor Ham) all the way. On a kaiser roll or bagel with egg and cheese, please.

The West Coaster voted for Chorizo. With eggs and other goodies in a breakfast burrito.

Yum.

The best breakfast sausage is those little patties that Cracker Barrel restaurants serves with their breakfasts. They also sell it by the pound, it comes in cloth bags. It is freaking incredible, a wonderful smoky taste.

I voted patty sausage but I need to specify that now I eat almost exclusive those Morningstar vegetarian patty sausages.

It would have been wrong to pick all of them, so I just checked the four I like best: Bangers, chorizo, link sausage, and patty sausage.

I’ve mentioned Uli’s Famous Sausage before. That’s where I got my Nürnberger Wurst. Onna hard roll with mustard sounds great. For breakfast, I’ll go with the American-style links or bangers.

I like Morningstar Veggie patties.

Spam!