E=mc2 is a liberal conspiracy

At least according to Conservapedia founder Andrew Schlafly (son of Phyllis).

Well, in fairness to Jesus, I don’t recall hearing about any other gods that understood the TOR either. Unless you consider Einstein a god, which I’m sure many do.

The truth has a liberal bias, remember.

Of course the people living then had the instruments necessary to measure this.

Because, see, “at the seventh hour” would have been measured by two people, one with Jesus, one at the official’s son’s sickbed using synchronized timepieces who would then communicate, somehow, to each other exactly when the words were spoken and when the healing happened.

Jesus rose from the dead after three days. DID EINSTEIN???

And there was me thinking it was phallocentric and sexist because:

Schlafly doesn’t like the theory of relativity because of the word “relativity”, which he conflates with the word “relativism” But, you know, there are a lot of idiots out there who believe idiotic stuff.

Apparently he’s read Paul Johnson’s Modern Times, which does draw a causal link between the Theory of Relativity and 20th-Century moral relativism. Whether there’s anything to that is debatable.

Johnson stresses that Einstein himself had the “proper scientific attitude,” stating he would not consider his theory even provisionally proven until at least two of three verification experiments he proposed produced data in agreement with his predictions (they did), and seeing no implications at all for his theory in ethics or politics.

Love this comment:

I thought the church had Mass. Usually on Sunday mornings.:confused:

Here we have people who claim that God can break the laws of physics claiming that the laws of physics are wrong because God can break them. Whaa? If we can going to call any statement of fact wrong because God isn’t bound by that fact, don’t we have to throw out all information as useless?

Circular Jesus logic means nothing is true unless your religious leader tells you so. What a happy place to be if you are a religious leader.

OK, so if Jesus can heal people from a distance, how does that negate the ToR? The kid was maybe a few miles away (say 5), and light travels at 186000 miles per second, so Jesus’s healing energy would have gotten there in .000003 seconds. It would never have occurred to anybody back then to account for such a small amount of time, so maybe that’s why the verse isn’t “The fever left him yesterday at the seventh hour plus .000003 seconds.”

And that’s exactly it. If the invalid was healed at the exact same instant Jesus said it, without even a lightspeed delay, all that means is that God can violate the lightspeed constraint just as he can bring the dead back to life. It doesn’t invalidate the general principles that nothing can act faster than light and the dead stay dead.

The Onion should just start plagiarizing Conservapedia for its headlines.

Conservapedia is a perfect example of Poe’s Law – it’s impossible to distinguish between the trolls and the sincere nut cases.

With a little help . . .

The rest of that evening I’d just as soon forget.

And guess what! Conservapedia has its own entry on Poe’s Law.

There was a young Christian named Bright
“The Lord is much faster than light!
He was living on Easter
But they nailed up his keister
On Friday, still three days away!”

Oh, dear God.

Thanks for the link. It’s like stepping into topsy-turvy world.