Did anyone else have the "Enchanted World" books?

I loved 'em. Waited anxiously for the new one each month, and read it hungrily. The beautiful pictures, the creepy stories, the pretty covers. Made me think about the world in a whole new way. Why did I get rid of them? But, eBay to the rescue…

Man, I haven’t thought about those books in years. I also had the Mysteries of the Unknown set, that dealt with ghosts, psychics, UFOs, and stuff like that. Neat books. I wonder whatever happened to mine? I assume my parents must have thrown them out at some point.

I loved them.

My mom worked for a company that worked with Time/Life and she got me just about all the different book series. Enchanted World, Civil War, Wild West, Mysteries of the Unknown and the technology one.

The Enchanted World one though, I never got all of them- I didn’t know I actually was missing any until I googled them for this thread.

I have them. Beautiful books. I collected them at a time when I sometimes had to choose between eating and paying the invoice for that month, but I’m glad I did. Well, except for the difficulty of trying to get off TimeLife’s mailing list.

Still have a bunch of 'em: Ghosts, Dragons, fairies, Creatures of the night, Dwarves, legends of Valor, and I think maybe a couple other ones. Lotsa fun!