The Best [Blank] Scene in Any Movie Is...

Movie buffs love to talk about which movie has the best kiss, or the best death scene, or the best farewell scene, or whatever.

In this thread, let’s talk about the best scene in obscure categories that you make up on the spot. For example, you may say the Best Fake Orgasm Scene is the classic from When Harry Met Sally. Or, the Best Taking a Shit Scene is in Dumb and Dumber. Get it? I’ll start:

Best Prayer Scene [Tongue in Cheek]: Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby. “Dear Sweet Lord Baby Jesus…”

Best Prayer Scene [Earnest]: Glory, where the black soldiers are having a no-holds-barred prayer meeting the night before going into battle.

Best Chase Scene: The French Connection

Best ‘Guy getting shot up’ Scene: Sonny Corleone at the toll booth in The Godfather

Best Sword FightThe Princess Bride

Best Parachute Scene: Fandango

Best Descent Down a Ladder: The Train

Best pulpit scene: Footloose.

Best line by a foreign character: Clerks, “Would you like some making fuck berserker?”

Best funny swearing scene: “Those are not the hell your whales… the hell I did” Star Trek IV

Best establishing shot: Gandalf and Frodo see Hobbiton. Fellowship of the Ring

Bullitt tops it – it’s has an extra dimension.

Best crash scene: the locomotive in The General

Best Monkeybird Chase: Mirrormask
Best Internal Organ Fight: Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter
Best Santa Explosion: Rare Exports

Best scene involving the eating of bull testicles: Funny Farm.

Best* “Oh god, I’ve shat the bed at my girlfriend’s parents house” scene: Trainspotting

• possibly only

Best Death Scene: Kevin Spacey in L.A. Confidential

That’s what I came in to say.

Best uncomfortable phone scene: Swingers

There’s an equally good one in Mass Appeal. “…wishing I had the kinds of ears that could hear fish screams…”

I’d go with Rob Roy.

Best “Dressing Down” Scene: Wilford Brimley in Absence Of Malice

Best Cooking An Egg Scene: Big Night

Ladyhawk.

Best Hostile Witness in a Courtroom scene: My Cousin Vinny

Best Yelling at a Villain from Inside of a Dead Planet scene: Star Trek II

I’ll go ahead and argue for the car rental scene in Planes Trains and Automobiles.

“I want. A fucking car. Right. Fucking. Now.”

Best arrival-in-the-nick-of-time scene:
Sam saving Frodo from becoming spider food in Return of the King.
Best bringing comic-book-stunt scene brought to life scene:
A tie between the Spider-Man/Doctor Octopus Fight in Spider-Man 2, and the airplane rescue in Superman Returns.

Best scene that is completely unlike every other scene in the movie:
Barbara Novak’s explanation of her incredibly elaborate plan to trick Catcher Block into seducing in her Down With Love.

Best computer death scene: HAL in 2001: A Space Odyssey