The Office 4/28 - Steve Carell's last episode

Ten bucks the last thing he says is “That’s what she said.”

I’m just watching it now.

I love that Michael gave Oscar a ridiculously terrible gift and laughed at him for taking it graciously.

“He has the lowest opinion of me of anyone!”

I missed what Michael gave Oscar.
The last little bit where he took the mic off was very, very well done. Pam running up was nice, but just before that was what really made it for me.

Deangelo on the sales call and with the cake was pretty bad, though I did like the snack machine s’mores he was making.

It didn’t suck…

It was bewildering seeing Michael act so normal for most of the episode, though.

(Random TV History connection: When I saw the plane take off, I thought that the epilogue *could *have had Erin coming into the Michael-less sendoff party to announce that his plane had crashed with no survivors… But I’m glad they didn’t do that.)

A some burlap material with a face drawn on it.

I liked that too. I also kinda of like that even though we all know that of everyone on the show, Pam really meant the most to him, by the time she tracked him down, he was already ‘done.’ A goodbye that should have lasted all day was only a few seconds.

Presumably meant to be a scarecrow doll.

Jim getting tears in his eyes was a nice touch. That whole scene with him saying goodbye to Michael was nice.

I’m sure it won’t happen, but it would be awesome if David Brent ended up being Michael’s permanent replacement.

But this man a beer. That is what Michael said after his mic was taken, right?

Ahhh, after he said something like “It’ll be nice to get this thing off of me”? Cool. I didn’t catch it cuz the mic was off.

I teared up at the scene with Jim, and when Dwight read his recommendation letter.

Very sweet episode, i liked it. Gabe’s “walk away bitch” and Michael’s advise to him were hilarious.

To be exact, he said “it will be a relief to get this off my chest,” then he mouthed “that’s what she said.”

Am I crazy or was Toby’s brother Steve Carell?

Michael’s letter to Dwight and the farewell paintball battle was nice too. There a lot of good little moments. I also liked the little look that Oscar shared with Michael while they were looking at the pictures of Angela’s senator and his “aide.”

The “nod” to Lost in Translation’s shitty ending with Pam saying everything Michael said at the end was a nice touch too.

Who played Toby’s brother? Was that him also?

Man. I thought it was just about perfect. They did touching without being lame. It was a sweet goodbye with a ton of laughs. Terrific episode. I’m glad they were able to give him such an awesome send off. So awesome all the way around.

Loved:
Dwight’s letter/paintball
The Jim scene
The fact that Pam wasn’t there because she was watching a movie.
The taking off of the mic.
The 'I need to hear your voice" scene.
Dwight’s look to Jim when it was clear the new boss was insane.
Michael agreeing to be Erin’s Mom.
Erin’s phone number joke.

This was a nearly flawless episode. There were call backs going back to season one. Hell they showed Michael straightening the award on his desk which has been in the credits since the first episode.

Loved every minute of this and actually found myself getting a little sad.

“So you guys are following people into the bathroom now?”

Also - the scene of him adjusting the Dundie award on his desk. Was that supposed to be the “original” footage they’ve been using for the opening sequence this whole time?

It was all ruined for me when Pam went running up to Michael past security and watched his plane take off from the gates.

I mean, shit, have any of the writers on this show been to an airport since 9/11? Anyone in the cast or crew? You’re telling me Pam made it to the airport, parked, bought a ticket, got through security and found Michael at just the right spot to say goodbye and see him off?

There were some funny moments to be sure, but this was just a lame cliche of an ending that’s about ten years past actually being feasible.

Really? I was right? I didn’t even notice!

And yeah, the D’Angelo part fell flat, but otherwise this was a great episode. I like the fact that they didn’t do one huge send-off, since they are did the song last episode and the big proposal a few episodes back.
Other great parts:
“You need to hand wash them without water.”
“Let me know if you ever air this.”

Did you see Creed drinking from Michael’s discarded mug?

I saw Hank’s name remaining on his list.