Big Bang Theory: Will Sheldon and Amy engage in coitus?

As a spinoff from the most recent Big Bang Theory thread, the question of whether Sheldon and Amy will ever engage in coitus has come up again. What say you?

The Evidence:

In “The Zazzy Substitution,” Sheldon and Amy break up, which causes Sheldon to lose his mind and he ends up purchasing 25 cats to fill the void left by her.

In “The Alien Parasite Hypothesis,” they attempt to hold hands. Amy drops Sheldon’s hand with a dismissive “Nope. Nothing.”

In “The Agreement Dissection,” Amy kisses Sheldon while drunk. Sheldon replies “fascinating.”

In “The Pulled Groin Extrapolation,” Sheldon believes Leonard is in love with Amy and he judo chops him.

Finally, producer Chuck Lorre has said the two of them will never get together. Word of God or Misdirection?

No, but they will play up Amy increasing desire for such to happen against his (or at least the current version of Sheldon’s) asexuality as one season’s version of the obligatory “unrequited love” storyline.

AFF puked after the kiss. AFF will get it on with Penny first. maybe threesome later.

Yep. AFF and Penny hook up during Sweeps. At the same time, Raj confesses his desire for Howard, which puts a crimp in the wedding plans.

Yes, but only once. After all, once is a Hedonist, but Twice is a Philosopher. And we can’t have that.

I’m for Sheldon and Penny.

I was under the impression he hit Leonard with the train that he was holding (in a sort of stabbing motion). Not that it really makes a difference.

Anyways, I’ve always kind of felt that Amy will end up sleeping with some random guy on one of her drunken nights out with the girls. She’ll tell Sheldon in the morning, he’ll tell her he’s okay with it, but it’ll eat at him and eventually (that episode or the next) they’ll break up. Probably her breaking up with her because “You’re clearly not okay with this even though you say you are.” I imagine him making lots of facial contortions leading up to that moment as he tries to convince everyone that he’s fine. What happens after that, I’m not sure.

ETA, I could see Leonard’s calling his [Leonard’s] mom in to try and calm Sheldon down.

She was very drunk at that point and specifically said (paraphrased) “Don’t let what’s about to happen reflect on what just happened” before she puked.
All though in the most recent episode she told Penny that she has more of a shot with her then Leonard does. Which at first seemed like a joke at how little of a shot Leonard has, but then when she held up the mustache and had the come hither look, the joke didn’t seem like quite as much of a joke any more.

Amy has made multiple passes at Penny including in the sleepover episode where she followed Penny into the bathroom for a little “lesbian experimentation.”

But Amy has no real grip on her sexuality. She seems to think sex is whatever she last saw on Google. It’s true that Sheldon and Leonard hold no attraction for her, but I don’t think she knows whether or not she’s attracted to Penny. I think if Amy ever hooks up with anyone, it will be as a result of some drunken bar hookup (not with any of the regular characters).

I think ‘lesbian experimentation’ is just that. Amy doesn’t tend to mince words.

I voted yes, but I’m not sure. Amy may end up doing it with Leonard, or Penny’s old boyfriend or something. Like njtt, I think Sheldon and Penny belong together. Maybe because I don’t think the show even needs the other characters as much.

Right. The quotes were just because when Amy went for it, Penny screamed. There was no actual experiment.

Amy seems to be more of a human or realistic version of Sheldon. Penny and Sheldon are funny but it looks like the writers are taking a break from that, which is good as the other characters get a chance, and we were getting OD’d on it.

Plus as I said on other thread, Parsons is now starting to look 40, he’s pushing it already and he just looks so much older than Penny when they’re side by side. Parson is 12 years older than Kaley Cuoco.

It’s sad too because Sheldon is supposed to be the youngest character.

I don’t think the actor’s ages will affect anything. But Sheldon (Parsons) is really the star of the show. It’s the Urkel/Alex P. Keaton/Barney Fife syndrome again.

I think it’ll happen, but it’ll be more clinical than titillating. It should be hilarious.

I’m not sure this is true. Yes, he got his Ph.D. when he was a teenager, but I think all the main characters are supposed to be about the same age.

Sheldon doesn’t make Amy go “Hooo.” That right there rules it out as far as I can see. It’s not like Sheldon has the motivation to overcome her lack of interest.

I know it’s not official, but Wikipedia covers Sheldon’s pre-show life pretty extensively and adding the ages all up, he’s in his mid-20s, a few years younger than Wolowitz and Raj.