The narcissistic thread

Inspired by the “which posters do you recognize…” thread. Let’s have a thread where anyone can ask what, if any, impression they’ve made on the sdmb. This is not a thread though where we list who we have a sense of. Instead it’s one where we ask others what impact we’ve had and then they tell us.

I’ll start. I feel like I’ve been here quite awhile, although not as long as the Prodigy/AOL people. But other than the one other member I’m friends with in RL I don’t feel like I’ve made any kind of impression at all on other members. Not that I think I’m particularly memorable. And of course, I expect that many others like myself have trouble correlating an impression from a username absent a catchy mnemonic like an avatar visual to cling to.

My base expectation is that I’ve made no waves. Not even negatively - despite a long tenure, and many threads and posts, I’ve never been mod warned or pitted. But still I’m curious if I’ve made an impression on anyone. So I put it to you - when you see “jackdavinci”, does that register any prior flash of brain recognition at all? And if so, what?

Post your own recognition query and/or response to another’s query.

You’re a good writer. That’s always my first thought when I see your name.

Thanks! Do you know me from the short story threads, or do you mean in general?

The short story threads mostly. You need to post more in other threads. I don’t see your name often enough.