The best Chicago apps

I made it to Chicago yesterday!

What would you suggest as helpful Chicago specific iPhone apps?

I’ve downloaded the Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun Times, Jewel-Osco, and Transit Stop, which seems to be the best CTA related iPhone app.

Any other suggestions?

I use Android, not iPhone, but my favorite CTA app is Transit Tracker Lite. I also have a bookmark to the CTA mobile bus tracker page. The train tracker isn’t half bad, either. Hop Stop is good for planning your trip.

There’s also a Dominick’s (the other grocery chain) app that I’ve heard good things about, but it’s iPhone only so I can’t vouch for it.

Oh, and Welcome to Chicago!

Here are all the Chicago apps I’ve downloaded:

WFMT- Chicago classical radio, I love this station when it isn’t pledge drive time!

Chicago Tribune- Pretty good news app, although focuses heavily on crime
Chicago Sun-Times- Even more focused on crime

Chicago Symphony Orchestra-Not a very impressive app, no detail about upcoming
concerts. I’m keeping it because I hope they upgrade it.

University of Chicago-I’ve got this app so I can browse upcoming events on their campus.

Northwestern University-See above.

WGN Radio-I listen to it in the morning.

Chicago Way- A tourist app, hasn’t been too useful. Yelp! and Around Me seem to be better.

CBS Chicago- pretty good news app, heavy on sports.

Chicago Blackhawks-OK for a sports app, not too many extras besides basic Blackhawks news.

North Side Rundown-Cubs baseball, covers the rest of baseball fairly well.

Transit Stop-Since I’m new to Chicago and the CTA, this app is pretty helpful in showing bus and train routes.

Fox Chicago News-Another news app, no better or worse than any of the others.

I haven’t tried it yet, but I just saw a sign at Dominick’s that said the app is now available for Android.