Wire from brush used on Grill injures man

:eek: Geez that must of really hurt. You gotta love the legal CYA from the brush company. Do they expect us to examine the grill with a magnifying class? Some of those bristles aren’t much bigger than a hair.

I use a standard wire brush instead of a grill brush. Never have problems with a wire brush shedding bristles. They’re bigger and easier to see.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/grill-brush-bristle-found-mans-small-intestine/nN9DX/

Kind of scary, isn’t it?

Love my grill. :smiley:

It’s not supposed to turn dangerous on me.

I noticed a made in China label on the brush they showed in the video. There’s been a lot of problems, toxic drywall, dog food & dog treats with salmonella. I’m sure heir production quality control will eventually improve.

I’d throw out any grill brush with those really fine, copper bristles. Buy a standard wire brush at home depot.

Better yet, don’t even use a wire brush. I use those green scrubby pads to clean my grill.

I doubt that it destroyed six inches of his small intestine. Probably cut it up real badly though.

One one of the medical shockumentaries (Mystery Diagnosis, Medical Incredible, etc.–don’t remember which), there was a similar case. A guy had cleaned his grill, and a stray wire ended up getting caught inside him (don’t remember exactly where).