Canadian Strippers: How to tip

Okay, this has been discussed a little bit in previous threads (as a matter of fact, I think it’s come up at least once in every thread discussing dollar coins) but it’s never been addressed head-on. Plus, if there was ever a definitive answer, I never caught it.

So, anyways, how do you tip a stripper in a country where there is no 1-unit paper currency?

I’ve discussed this at length with friends, and we have come up with the following possibilities (although only the first has been backed up with first-hand experience)

1. The bar issues scrip for tips. Note that this was observed in Ohio, and was mostly for people with credit cards who didn’t want to leave to visit an ATM.
  2. You just tip with the coins. The strap of the G-string should be able to handle at least a couple of them, and the strippers generally pile up their tips on the stage, anyways.
  3. Hi, Opal!

So, has anyone here actually been to a strip-club in a country where there is no 1-unit bill? How is this handled?

Grab onto the tassels and pull until she falls over.

(Sorry. I couldn’t help myself.)

I don’t know what kind of strippers you have in the US, but Canadian strippers don’t wear their G-strings for long. Are strippers in the US only topless?

Anyways, they usually just pile the money in a safe corner of the stage.

I have to say up front that strip clubs aren’t high on my list of favorite places to be. Except for a couple of forays to those places during my college days, I’ve never been.

However, a few years ago, a friend was dating a dancer who worked at a club in Toronto. This question came up in a social situation away from her club, and according to her, the answer was simple: you tip only with paper currency. Given that the lowest denomination in current use nowadays in Canada is the $5 bill, and bars do not issue scrip (at least, not hers), you give the dancer at least $5.

Note that this answer is according to a dancer–I’m sure she would have accepted loonies and toonies, but she gave the impression that she didn’t like to. I don’t know if loonie-and-toonie-tippers were in her good graces, but I’ll leave it to you to decide what to do.

And, for what it’s worth, the bite should not seem so bad for an American. Five Canadian dollars is only worth about US$3.25 currently.

Well, as with most things in this world, it depends.

Many municipalities have regulated liquor licenses such that topless bars can serve alcohol, whereas full-nude ones cannot.

mm

Simple. It’s just like a vending machine; the coins go in the…

oh, never mind.

Just don’t try to get change back if you put in a five.

1. The bar issues scrip for tips. Note that this was observed in Ohio, and was mostly for people with credit cards who didn’t want to leave to visit an ATM.

One local bar that does this charges like 1.25 each, but only pays the girls .75 for each one they turn in – Bastards
2. You just tip with the coins. The strap of the G-string should be able to handle at least a couple of them, and the strippers generally pile up their tips on the stage, anyways.

No offense, but sticking coins in the G-string? :rolleyes:You could just toss the coin on the stage, but then you lose one of the major benefits of tipping.

Luckily, American ones are gladly accepted just about anywhere. But more research is definitely called for :wink:

You bring a big stack of American singles with you. When you run out, you tip with Canadian fives. I’m suppose most dancers wouldn’t refuse a loonie but I’ve never seen one offered.

When Canadian strippers strip, they end up naked. Some will wear a garter belt for holding tips but most just collect the money and leave it on the stage until they’re done performing.

I’ve never met a stripper who wouldn’t take a tip. Not meant to be demeaning, it’s just true. They work for tips. They make a lot of money.

That said, after getting over of my fear of coin tipping, I rather enjoy sticking a dirty tooney in my mouth over sticking a dirty $2 bill in my mouth.

Just that much closer to the action. God bless the Canadian ballet…

Here’s what ya do: you put a garter belt around your leg- say, right above the knee. Then you sew a little satin sack to the garter belt. Then you dance about, gyrate, and do your thing. If a patron wants to tip, he puts the coins into the little sack.

Then, if the American $1 bill is replaced with the $1 coin (and the Treasury Department keeps saying they’re gonna do it), then the term “Sackie” will be a cute double entendree.

hee hee hee

I ran into one in Wisconsin. She threw a little hissy fit and walked off the stage when we were tipping with singles. She took her top off, and danced around, then looked for the tips. Seeing only ones, she grabbed her G-string suggestively, and stood there, tapping her foot. When I looked at her, she rubbed her fingers together.

I took it on principle that a tip is a reward for a good performance – not an inducement to perform at all. Crossing my arms, I settled in to wait, as did the other 4 or 5 guys stage-side (waited, not necessarily crossed their arms).

She put her top back on, and left. Two songs later, the next dancer came up, and put on a great performance. For ones. Then we gave her more ones.

Hang around in strip clubs enough, and you see all kinds of stuff.

:wink:

I’ve seen plenty of strippers accept loonie & toonie (1 & 2 dollar coin) tips.
Usually the guy will hold it in her mouth and she’ll grab it out be squeezing her breasts on it.
Other times they’ll just whiggle their boobs in their face or something then just take it with their hand…

One time I saw a guy lie down on the stage with a toonie in his mouth… the girl lowered herself and removed it with her vagina.

I was having drinks with a biker once in a grungy strip joint in Edmonton. The young chicks on stage were buck-naked but they usually left a towel spread out on the stage and the audience threw coins onto the towel. I noticed that, after their set was over they usually did a very fast sweep of the coins that missed the towel and headed off the stage. I would suggest that, depending on the tone of the strip joint you are in, one and two dollar coins are fine tips. Then there’s the urban legend of the guy tipping with a Canadian thousand dollar bill which, unfortunately, the government recently stopped issuing.

That’s it, next time I go to Windsor I’m hitting the strip clubs! No more of this “just going to gamble” crap, dammit!

Just make sure you don’t go downstairs at Studio 4.

You look for a spot on the floor where there is a gap between the wood panels, place the loonie or toonie in there so it’s on it’s side and watch how talented they are.

Oh come on, quit goofing around. Everyone knows you tip a Canadian stripper by slipping the raccoon pelts into her garter.

Coming from another country with $1 and $2 coins:

An establishment of err… my acquaintance issues “funny money” in various denominations ($1, $2, $5, $10, $20) and uses it for all change – buy a drink for $4, hand over a $10 note, get $6 script in change.

Script or dollars can be used interchangeably to buy drinks, tip, buy private shows, etc.

The girls all wear at least one garter – they don’t end up wearing anything else.

The bar changes script into dollars on a 1:1 basis when you leave (or on request).

Simple, fair, and I’ll bet people spend more in tips since it’s not “real money”.

Exotic dancing varies from state to state. Of the states where I’ve gone to such establishments:
[ul]
[li]Virginia - Must wear bottoms and pasties. No touching the dancer. No lap dances. And no new dancing establishments. The existing ones only exist due to grandfathering, but once one goes out of business, it can’t be reopened.[/li][li]DC - Completely nude. Tip by slipping bills into leg garter. No touching. No lap dances.[/li][li]Maryland - Should wear bottoms, but they routinely go all nude. Lap dances allowed by establishment.[/li][li]Florida - Must wear bottoms. Pasties by municipality. Lap dances allowed.[/li][li]New York - Bottoms on, lap dances allowed.[/li][li]Colorado - bottoms on, lap dances allowed. And at least in the one that I went to, they’d let patrons lie down on the stage, place a bill over their nose, and let the dancer pick it up with her asscheeks.[/li][/ul]

I don’t think tipping strippers is big in Canada, they are generally understood to be paid pretty well here. The only time I have ever seen significant tipping the girl was bills rolled around mens fingers. I will let you use your imagination to fill in the details of just how the transaction occurred.

quote from AWB:

New York - Bottoms on, lap dances allowed.

Do you mean NYC? In the upstate community where I live, there are a couple of strip clubs I’ve visited once or twice, and the ladies there sure ain’t wearing any bottoms.

…unless that is one hell of a paint job…