Free Kindle Book For Kids

A friend on Facebook is offering his book at no charge for Kindleon Dec. 7th and 8th.

The new 3rd edition of The Serpent in the Glass will be free on Kindle, possibly for the last time, on the 7th and 8th of December 2012 - just in time for a Christmas read!

Author DM Andrews:
*The Serpent in the Glass is a novel aimed at confident readers aged 9+, but children as young as 7 have enjoyed it, and many adults have confessed to the same! Some have said it is very much in the spirit of Harry Potter, though I would point out that I began work on this book a year before the first Potter was published! (and four years before I started reading HP!)

Book Description

*On his eleventh birthday Thomas Farrell is informed that the deceased father he never knew has provided for his education at Darkledun Manor, a school for gifted children. Thomas, however, feels he’s just an ordinary boy, but Darkledun Manor proves to be anything but an ordinary school…

In this work of fiction the reader is transported into a world of myth as the young protagonist, Thomas Farrell, seeks to understand who his mysterious father was, and why he left him a strange glass orb containing a serpent. As the story progresses, Thomas and his friends become increasing caught up in a world they never knew existed - a world beyond the standing stones.
A video trailer can be accessed by viewing D.M. Andrews’ Amazon author page. Cover design by Alex Hausch.

Wow, no one is interested in a free kindle book by a celebrated British writer.

Interesting.

Because none of us are nine-year-olds?

But I’m now interested in your use of the word “celebrated”.
ETA: Sorry - that came out as snarkier than I intended. There are a lot of free Kindle books going at the moment, including children’s books. It’s kind of you to let us know of the offer, but there’s no need to get your dander up if no one here ultimately decides to take it up.

I got it, but didn’t post about it. I didn’t think you needed us to tell you.

Thanks and sorry for not saying thankyou more quickly…is this what you want?

This got an excellent rating on Goodreads, 4.06 from 95 ratings. I don’t have kids, and have a backlog of stuff to read but Thanks for the offer just the same.

No. Not at all. I wasn’t looking for thanks. I’m the author’s friend on FB only and I get nothing for sharing the info, and posting a link is really no big deal.

I suppose that I was just looking for some type interaction since this is a message board and I can’t see a smile or a nod of the head so I couldn’t tell if anyone had taken up the offer.

This place feels so cold sometimes – I used to love it here, and I keep coming back to find reactions like this so I’ll go back to where I was. I don’t understand why being simply kind isn’t part of the standard culture here, but it’s not. I’m on a few other message boards where people do respond so I can tell the difference.

A quick “hello” or “got it” doesn’t take much effort. I was a bit snarky in my second post since I could see that over 300 people opened the thread and I couldn’t understand why no one took the offer. I apologize for my snark, but I’ll never understand the no response thing.

jali, I think people here are hesitant (justifiably so, IMHO) to post “contentless posts” that just say something like “me too” or “LOL” or “gotcha.” And, unlike some other boards, we don’t have a “Like” or “Thanks” button.