Big News From DMark!

I can be bought, and as you have probably suspected, for cheap.

In a shameless plug of self-promotion (approved by the mods), I wanted to let you know the news:

My novel, Fool Proof (a light-hearted romp with terrorists), is now for sale on Amazon.

Here is the link:

It’s a comedy – well, I hope it is – but perhaps you should read the first preview chapters on the site to see if you agree. Should you already be an Amazon Prime member, or sign up for the FREE 30 day Amazon Prime trial (hint, hint), you can borrow the entire book for free for as long as you wish.

Even though it is in Kindle format, I believe you can get a free Kindle reader app to be able to read it on other devices, such as iPads or iPhones, laptops, Androids, etc.

If this is not a genre you particularly like reading, well – that is OK too. However, should you read it I would love to hear what you think about it – good or bad. Feel free to post your comments here.

Just be sure to leave your unsolicited rave reviews and 5 star ratings on Amazon*.

Thanks!

DMark

• There is currently only one review of Fool Proof on Amazon – and I swear I have no idea who that guy is who wrote it. He is not a friend or relative. And as this thread is my first attempt at self-promotion, I have no clue how he even found the book, but wow – I was truly amazed when I read his glowing review! BTW, if you intend to read the book, you might not want to read his review just yet, as he does sort of give away a few minor spoilers.

Just purchased it on the Kindle. I’ll try anything for $3.00.

I have a two year-old, however, so it might be some time before I can offer feedback. :slight_smile:

Nah, I’ll just buy it outright.

There, just did. Congrats!

Congrats!

Regards,
Shodan

Congratulations, DMark! I just downloaded it to my phone, using the Kindle app, which I have not done before. I’m looking forward to reading it!

Ellen

So, do you get a percentage from my free download? I’d hate to think I was stiffing you. :wink:

Surprisingly, yes. I still get a royalty if they allow you download it for free on Amazon, or even if you just use the Amazon Prime lending library. Not exactly sure how that works, but I’m not complaining.

Thanks to those of you who have already plunked down the bucks to buy one! I truly appreciate that and hope you like it!

Sigh… seriously, how am I supposed to get through my to-read list, uh? :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for putting it in Kindle format, I’ve truly gotten hooked on this notion of “books that don’t add weight to my handbag” :slight_smile:

Congrats, DMark!

Downloading it to my kindle soon as I get home.

Looking forward to reading it.

I’ll take one of those! If I’m lucky I’ll get a chance to read it sometime this year.

I think I can only borrow one book a month and I’ve already done so, but for $3 I can try it. I needed a new book today as is!

Bought it! Yay, Kindle! :cool:

Congratulations. Just bought it. I like to support all creative Dopers!

I forgot to mention Fool Proof is listed on Amazon world-wide (UK, Canada, Australia, Germany, India, France, etc.) so if you are not in the US, you can buy it in your local currency simply by going to the Amazon site in your country.

And thank you all again for your early support!

Reported for spam

:stuck_out_tongue:

Just bought it. Congrats! :slight_smile:

I also just added it to Goodreads. :smiley:

And because of the way amazon’s pages are set up, all you need to do is open the link in the OP and change its country finisher to the appropriate one (eg., .com to .es got me the link to the book’s page in amazon Spain).
Do you want picked nits sent your way? :smiley:

(Yes I know that is a cruel, cruel offer… mwahaha!)

Oops. Yes. Apparently this wit needs some nits to fully become a nitwit.
Oh, and thanks Misnomer for putting Fool Proof on Goodreads! Hopefully after some have read the book, they will rate the book on Amazon and on Goodreads as well!

I really appreciate the support from all of you!

I started reading the preview for reasons of procrastination and it was hilarious! :smiley: I am not allowed to buy it yet (deadlines first, fun book times after) but I will soon.

I found the swearing quite naturalistic, it’s more literally the way I think & speak than most things I read, which was nice.