Favorite Itchy & Scratchy episode?

I’m in Seattle at the moment, which reminded me of my favorite Itchy & Scratchy episode on The Simpsons. In “Skinless in Seattle,” Scratchy is at the bottom of the Space Needle, waiting for a date that Itchy set up as part of a ruse. Itchy drops a penny from the top of the tower toward Scratchy on the bottom, but the penny misses. Itchy then tries throwing some souvenir Space Needle models down on Scratchy, but misses again. Finally, Itchy saws off the entire top half of the Space Needle. As it falls, the needle sticks Scratchy right in the eye. Scratchy frantically runs around in pain, with the top half of the Space Needle stuck in his eye all the while.
http://www.casttv.com/video/i4bfku9/the-itchy-and-scratchy-show-skinless-in-seattle-hd-video

The one about the French nuclear test is a personal favourite.

Scatchtasia. I win.

That’s the one that came to mind for me, too (not including episodes like “Porch Pals” or the Poochie episodes). The dog in the ear trauma ward going “Shh”? Magnifique!

They should make an “Is You Ain’t My Itchy?” episode based on the Tom and Jerry cartoon “The Zoot Cat,” and then that one would be my favorite.

Here’s a forty-eight minute compilation of Itchy and Scratchy cartoons.

Damn you! There goes another 48 minutes of my life.

Which one’s the mouse?

I have no idea the name of the episode, but I love this take on the old “you don’t actually fall until you’ve realized you stepped off a cliff” cartoon trope:

Itchy cuts out Scratchy’s heart. Scratchy walks away, and subsequently goes on about his life, shown doing all the mundane everyday things we all do. Finally, he gets home, relaxes on his easy chair, and opens up his newspaper, the headline of which reads “YOU NEED A HEART TO LIVE!” He screams and keels over dead.

Look out, Itchy – he’s Irish!!

“My Bloody Valentine”

Itchy makes a girl cat out of bombs. Scratchy falls in love with it, gets married (in a Jewish ceremony!) they have children, and live to a ripe old age before the fuse runs out and it explodes.

I’ve always been more of a Worker & Parasite man, myself.

Itchy’s a jerk.

I kind of liked Flay Me to the Moon.

I kinda liked the one with special guest director Quentin Tarantino.

Scar Trek: The Next Laceration. I lost count of how many times I unexpetedly chuckled.

That’s unpossible to answer.

though

The Terror of Tiny Toon in Treehouse of Horror IX

was good because of its length, novelty and being Treehouse.

The one set in the far future cracks me up-the Itchy clones with the big brains wash and shave a bearded Scratchy with due care and diligence…and then sit him in an arena as the Itchy clones mentally fling very sharp objects at him.

What the hell was that?