Where to buy a Hitachi Magic Wand in store? (need answer fastish)

This multi purpose massager actually seems to be goot for foot and shoulder massages, as well as other functions. I’m hoping it’s the gift that keeps on giving. :wink:

That said, not sure where to buy things in person any more. It’s too late to buy on line and I’d like to be able to get this tomorrow somewhere in the Seattle Eastside area.

Any suggestions of where to find a brick and mortar place that carries these would be great.

Not sure about the Eastside (you might try calling around to your local smut shoppes), but Toys in Babeland’s (probably NSFW link) store on Pike will undoubtedly have them. I swear I saw them among the miscellaneous Asian household knicknacks at Uwajimia many years ago, but now that they’re better known for those other uses, they may not have them anymore.

Unbelievable. My wife’s broke today, and she is, right now, on a mission to one of the SF Good Vibrations locations.

I love the 'Dope, I’ll check out Uwajimaya, who may still be patriotically supporting Hitachi.

There’s a fun shop in downtown Bellevue that I’ll call tomorrow, and see if it’s in stock.

Ya know, reading the reviews, there are also plenty of people on Amazon that buy these things purely for the standard massage. I thought that maybe Macy’s or Wal-Mart might carry these, but no (well, Wal-Mart has 'em on line).

What’s the big deal with this thing anyway?

I may have answered that by looking it up - on Amazon: Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought several specific attachments for very specific purposes. I do love the features listed:
2 powerful speeds, low 5000 rpm, high 6000 rpm
Most popular massager for over 30 years
Non phallic appearance
Electric for constant, powerful vibration

Anyway, it has 2 speeds, is large and heavy, and must be plugged in.
There are hundreds of vibrators purpose-built that must be more convenient, not to mention quieter.

I suppose there are women who need a 4 horsepower, 220v unit to get things done, but I hope that’s the minority!

Is it just that it’s more explainable to little Sally than a rabbit? (NSFW)

It’s way more durable, for starters. The majority of those battery-operated models will break/heat up fairly rapidly and need to be replaced.

1. Once upon a time, non-sleazy sex toy stores like Good Vibrations did not exist. HMW could be purchased at a “normal” store like a drugstore or department store.
    2)Yes, it’s incredibly powerful. Again, in the past, very powerful vibrators were not widely available or adjustable so a toy that went from “low” to “Holy crap!” in one device was quite appealing to many.
  2. It actually is a decent back massager, if you like such things its a twofer.
  3. Compared to other vibrators available when the HMW first became available, its very well made and durable.
  4. Aftermarket accessory sets have added to its versatility over the years. See e.g. [NSFW link to reputable sex toy vendor]

Basically, sex toy standards are way up, so I doubt the HMW would make a splash today, if it was being introduced for the first time,. But it was superior to all other products for a long time, and most people don’t want to change once they find something that works for them.

Why is this seemingly such an Asian thing?
I was a Target yesterday and noticed the woman in front of me, an Asian, bought A Hitachi magic wand.

So yeah, try Target.

This adaptor is a nice addition to the Hitachi. It gives one a LOT more variability as to speed/intensity settings.

Imma have to try that. I like my vibrators intense, but the HMW is industrial! I need to turn it down a little. :smiley:

I exist only to serve…

Send pix! :smiley:

One woman doesn’t make it “an Asian thing”, but Hitachi is a well-known Japanese electronics company and their products presumably have better brand-name recognition among Asians than non-Asians.