The Internet Rant and the Development of the Postmodern Soul

There. A nice, pseudo-intellectual title to make the thread safe for work. Some of the links herein are not, so do not click them if your boss is anywhere in the building.

While there are entertaining rants and bitchy commentaries written by Dopers and punters, and the final triumph of Cracked Magazine, faster internet connections and YouTube have made their video equivalents enjoyable by all, even those who cannot read.

Some months ago I introduced my daughters to The Nostalgia Critic, but with his demise there was an emptiness in their souls until April R introduced me to laina622 and I passed her along. Which could give rise to a discussion of the proliferation of internet memes, if I gave a shit.

My own tastes run to David Mitchell, though Hitler is not fond of him. And this is not a recent development; long before the internet we had the audio ravings of [You may ask, “Professor dropzone, what do these examples have to do with the Postmodern Soul?” Who gives a fuck? I don’t. I just want your suggestions to feed my jones. Who is your favorite internet crank? And please, no Truthers or Birthers or religious nuts, except for maybe [url=“Gene Scott NPV - YouTube”]Dr Gene Scott](The Old Philosopher.[/url), who was so many kinds of awesome Werner Herzog made a movie about him.

I messed up the last two paragraphs:
My own tastes run to David Mitchell, though Hitler is not fond of him. And this is not a recent development; long before the internet we had the audio ravings of The Old Philosopher.

You may ask, “Professor dropzone, what do these examples have to do with the Postmodern Soul?” Who gives a fuck? I don’t. I just want your suggestions to feed my jones. Who is your favorite internet crank? And please, no Truthers or Birthers or religious nuts, except for maybe Dr Gene Scott, who was so many kinds of awesome Werner Herzog made a movie about him.

Bumping it because it was looking lonesome at the bottom of the page.

Was Hitler fond of anybody?

Did you know that Doug Walker decided to continue Nostalgia Critic and started back up?

I did not know that!