Can i get amazon prime free trial twice?

I used amazon prime for free trial 30 days back a few years ago and then cancelled it so i dont have to pay the 79/year fee. Im going to purchase some other stuff on amazon now and i see they say
FREE Two-Day Shipping on this Order: We’d like to give you another chance to try Amazon Prime. Start a free trial and save $6.76 on this order by selecting “FREE Two-Day Shipping with a free trial of Amazon Prime” below.
Does this mean i can actually use it again as a trial? I thought it was a 1 time thing but this description sounds like its giving me another free trial? Or am i wrong here?
Also would it be possible for me to use an old college email account for a free 1 year trial if i already done the 30 day free trial? I graduated college back 5 years ago but i read some ppl did this even with an old college edu acct 10 years ago and it still works.

Why don’t you just try it?

Dont want to accept and then get billed 79 dollars for it.
Wanted to know if someone here had prime twice and thus could cancel it before 30 day trial.

Well, I’ll say this: I’ve had Prime for several years now (and it’s great if you shop at Amazon a lot), but whenever I initially signed up for it (with a student email), I canceled it before the charges hit. It was super easy to cancel, nothing tricky or anything. I then later signed back up for a free month, then decided to keep the service afterward.

So, in summary, yeah you probably can do it, just don’t forget to cancel it before the trial ends.

thanks for your response. I dont buy amazon much but i definitely dont mind getting stuff faster.
Anyone else can confirm this?

My experience is much the same as EatTheSun – you can select “do not renew my prime account” somewhere in the account menu. When I did that a year or two ago, I could sign up for the trial and immediately select “do not renew” and still use the entire 30 day trial period.

(I too eventually paid for it, after juggling free trials for a few years. Out of curiosity… does the Prime free streaming have anything that’s not available on Netflix or Hulu?)

They fill in each other’s gaps pretty well last I checked, but since none of my TV-connected devices natively stream Prime, I don’t use it often.

Lazybratsche,

There was at least a couple of days between Amazon getting DS9 (may have been a specific season) and Netflix. They both have it now, but for at least one moment in time - Amazon had something that Netflix didn’t. I don’t know that much about Hulu.

I’ve had 3 free trials IIRC. As already stated, make sure you know when your trial ends, then cancel before that day.

I’ve had 3-4 trials as well, although I haven’t tried it in over a year so maybe they’ve gotten wise to it. Instead of using your old college email account, my suggestion would be to set up a free web-based email account, such as Gmail or Yahoo to use for your trial account.

How did you get 3 trials? Did they give it to you 3 times in the same amazon account?

Actually, I’m up to 5 now (I forgot that I had even posted on this thread in the past until just now). No, not with the same account - different account/email addresses, but same mailing address. I’m not sure if I’ve ever used the same credit or debit card more than once. If you have multiple cards, I would recommend using them just to be on the safe side.

So basically whenever you want another 30 day free trial this is what you do? Did you use different credit card for each account/email?
I would only plan to open another amazon account but thats all.
I only have 1 credit card but a few debit cards.
I’m a bit confused but wouldn’t amazon ban accounts if they make as much as 5 accounts though?

It is $99 now.

There are also services that give you Prime plus a few other benefits, but cost the same (or less?):

1. Amazon Student. With verification.

2. Amazon Mom. Don’t need to be a mom (or female).

3. If you know someone who subscribes, they can add you as a guest. This service is free and gives the free shipping, but does not include other benefits like streaming movies.

But I see that they nebulously say: “Important: Customers who have ever received shipping benefits through Amazon Student are ineligible for the Amazon Mom free trial of Amazon Prime. We also consider your free or paid Prime and Amazon Mom membership history when determining eligibility for you or your Prime invited guests.”
Kind of vague how exactly that applies to regular Prime.

Well im too old to be a student. I find the 2nd option funny. I just read that anyone could sign up for his basically?
I dont know anyone that has amazon prime at the moment.
But has anyone here recently created another amazon account and used safe credit card and addreess and got it to work? Would a debit card work as the card instead of credit card? Reason is b/c my amazon account, the card i used was credit card and i only have one.

I didn’t know there was a time limit on being a student.
Debit cards work fine on Amazon.