The Simpsons' 'Mrs. Krabappel' has died

The Emmy-winning actress would have been 71 on November 1.

I’ll always remember her as Bob Newhart’s secretary. She was the perfect outgoing, always laughing comic counterpart to Newhart’s dry, grumpy psychiatrist.

Yes, she was Carol first and most memorably for us oldsters ;).

Thanks for the laughs, Marcia.

I think I’ll go and re-watch Bart the Lover.

bye Mrs. K

When I saw the picture with the caption about Mrs Krabapple, for as much as I watch The Simpson’s I don’t think I ever realized that was her. Every time I see her, it’s always “Hey, it’s Carol from The Bob Newhart Show”.

Ha!

(sorry, couldn’t resist. RIP Mrs. W.)

As much as I loved her on The Bob Newhart Show, I was (and am) a huge fan of Match Game. She was great in her many appearances on that. Very funny.

May she rest in peace.

D’awwww! She was brilliant and funny on Bob Newhart, and I had a crush on her. She was Carol first, but I always loved her as Mrs. K. too. R.I.P. Marcia. There’s something in my eye now. Dang this dust!

This is sad. I really liked her on Bob Newhart and the Simpsons. Maybe Bart will have to move on to the 5th grade now.

Wait a minute. Bart’s teacher is named Krabappel? I’ve been calling her Crandall. Why didn’t someone tell me? Oh, I’ve been making an idiot out of myself!
– Homer

Does this mean that Ned Flanders will become a widower for the second time (Edna Krapappel-Flanders married Ned a while back)

Probably; Holidays of Future Passed revealed that Homer accidently killed her and Ned remarried Maude’s ghost. Wallace also played the sassy maid in That’s My Bush!.

She was great in That’s My Bush! too.

In the recent thread speculating about a long term character that was going to leave the show that was being rumored, I was among those that speculated that Mrs. Krabappel was the one due to Ms Wallace’s age and health.

Did they ever refer to her as Mrs. Flanders in the show?

Yeah, when I saw the title of this thread I thought they’d decided that Edna Krabappel was the character who was going to die. What a sad surprise to see it was actually the actress who’s gone. She was always great - I grew up on Nick-at-Nite reruns of The Bob Newhart Show. RIP.

I knew her from Bob Newhart too. Funny lady. R.I.P.

According to this CNN report, the ‘we will retire a character’ promotion had nothing to do with Wallace’s health:

She was such a skillful comic actress. I’m glad so much of her work is preserved on video.

For some reason, after the Simpsons and Bob Newhart Show, the thing I most remember her for is doing a guest appearance on the terrible 90’s syndicated sitcom “What A Dummy”, a show about a family with a living ventriloquist dummy (it was even worse than it sounds).

RIP in Peace, Mrs. K.

I remember her in an episode of Taxi where Latka’s wive setup the cast with their dream dates. Rev Jim’s dream was with Carol, from the Bob Newhart Show.

RIP Carol Kestner Bondurant