Ever heard people in the next room having sex?

Nope, I haven’t.

I was talking to my friend yesterday & she said she heard her aunt & uncle going at it the other day & I asked her what it sounds like & she wouldn’t tell me–seemed too embarrassed to say. I don’t think that I have any chance of getting my hearing back to find out so Ill just have to ask the hearing Dopers for opinions on what it sounds like.

Nope, never happened to me…

However, I did have the experience once where my best friend had sex with his girlfriend while I was only sleeping 5 feet away from him in the same room!!! I even had his condom thrown at me when he was finished. :eek:(There is a different thread with that story but I’m too lazy to go looking for it now. 5 minutes until weekend for me, then I’m off).

The sound? Trust me, you don’t want to know. It’s worse than snoring when you want to go to sleep. But then again, I would take it that the sound would depend entirely on the couple going at it, doncha think?

Yep. That’s how I found out my aunt was gay.

Oh, TMI warning, by the way.

Happens all the time. Nothing quite like waking up to Keith Sweat blasting through the walls and/or floor about 4 hours before you have to leave for work.

Usually when that happens, I tip the speakers of my stereo flat against the offending partition and treat them to a solid hour or two of Nurse With Wound at high volume. Sometimes when I’m feeling really cruel, Treponem Pal’s “Soft Mouth Vagina.” ("Taste the hole among the FLESH!!! LICK THE JUICE THAT FLOWS FROM EEETTT!!! SUCK MY VAGINA COOZE!!! YOU’LL FEEL IT IN YOUR PRICK!!!..ad nauseum…)

Next room? Nah. The floor above? Hoo boy.

I rented the lower unit of an old storage building in the old business district area of a very small town near a very small college in middle Tennessee. An extremely bright female student rented the upstairs unit. Her boyfriend had a thing about bouncing the bed several inches off the floor and screaming her name during the act. (WHAM! WHAM! WHAM! WHAM! OH Susie! WHAM! Oh SUSIE! WHAM! OH! OH! SUSIE!!! WHAM!! WHAM!! WHAM!!) It sounded as if the whole damn second floor was going to come crashing through the ceiling. My roomate and I used to sneak out of the building and see how far away we could stand from it and still be able to hear them.

Yes, if one floor below counts. There used to be a couple that rented the apartment below me that would often get into loud, screaming arguments. Slamming doors, throwing stuff around, the whole thing. Afterwards, they would usually enthusiastically make up. :wink:

One of my former landlords created my apartment by closing up an archway in his apartment, cutting his original apartment in half. He got the front living room (the only room sharing a floor with mine) and the upstars. I got the Dining Room (now my living room), the kitchen, bathroom, and two bedrooms. He had carpenter friends fill in the covered-over archway with a bookcase that took up the whole wall. I filled it, and still had boxes of books left over.

He used to like to have sex with his girlfriend on the couch in his living room, right next to that archway. My landlord was …ahhh… a jumbo-sized guy. When they went at it the entire room shook. He also breathed loud enough to be heard easily through the wall, which was none too thick to start out with.

It was embarassing to have anyone over. You couldn’t exactly pretend nothing was going on when my entire room started to shake, including the couch and chairs we were sitting in.

Need I point out that I found nothing at all sexy about this? To me sex isn’t a spectator sport in any case. I couldn’t imagine even the most fanatic voyuer getting worked up over this jackhammer sex.

Just after I got married, I moved into my wife’s apartment. The people above us would wake us up at like 3 AM out of a dead sleep. They would go at it so hard that they would make OUR bedroom windows rattle. Many times I wanted to grab the broom and start pounding on the ceiling. Add their moaning to that and it pretty much completed the picture.

I feel like a very bad boy for saying this, but I get extremely turned on when I hear other people having sex. I have heard neighbors and roommates doing this, and it turns me on so much…

Whew! Better go before I do something REALLY bad…

“Extremely turned on”? Not in my experience.

In one job, my day started at 5:00 a.m. Unfortunately, my next door neighbor got off work at 1:00 a.m. Nothing like being awakened out of a sound sleep at 1:30 in the morning with an incessant WHAMWHAMWHAM when you have to get up in 3 hours. In a VERY awkward conversation, I finally asked him to pull his bed out a few inches from the wall.

However, if you’re in the right frame of mind, it can be amusing. Once in college, when my roommate had gone home for the weekend and I was alone in the apartment, the neighbors above us decided to celebrate the end of a long week. Unfortunately, I was at that moment reading a horror novel (The Exorcist) and the creaking and banging scared the poo out of me.

Later on in college, when I was living in a house, the four upstairs roommates all had their girlfriends over at the same time (Warning, obscure 70’s reference ahead.) Listening to the creaking and banging from all sides above, one of the downstairs roommates exclaimed “Wow, we finally got quadrophonic!”

But my favorite story is when I was in a hotel with very thin walls for a company conference. The woman in the next room was doing a prime Meg Ryan imitation – “OH GOD! OH GOD! OHHHHHHHHHHHHGOD OHOHOHOHOHOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH” followed by about 10 minutes of giggling. The bizarre thing is that her voice sounded exactly, and I mean exactly, like one of my coworkers who was also at the conference. The next day I asked the woman who was assigned to share the room with my coworker what they had done the night before. Unfortunately, the coworker in question had turned in early and was sound asleep in her own room all night.

Oh yeah, what does it sound like? A loot of creaking and banging, and sometimes you hear moaning, grunting and/or a scream.

I’ve been the one in the next room having sex!

I am not shy. No sir. In fact, unless I make a conscious effort to control it (and where’s the fun in that? Though I will make the effort when the kids are around) I’m a screamer.

And I like to talk dirty and be talked dirty to. Growl at me and I’m yours.

Sorry if I woke you. :wink:

Many years ago I lived in an apartment next door to a newlywed couple. The wife was a stunningly gorgeous blonde, who I very often saw on her way to or from the health club, wearing skin tight spandex. If you’ve seen the new Christina Aguilera commercial for Coke, then you can imagine my reaction.

Unfortunately, they never made noise, and one day they moved out.

After that, another couple moved in to that apartment: A skinny young man and a woman who, although still possessing a generally hourglass-shaped figure, had an ass wide enough to fully occupy two standard folding chairs. And she was a screamer. Not just a screamer, but a banshee. I think her husband had to wear ear protection.

It would have been arousing, if it had been the earlier occupants.

Twice.

Once, in college, I was on Spring Break in Daytona Beach. I had gone on a little side jaunt to Disneyworld that day, and when I got home around 9:30 I was pretty bushed and went straight to sleep.

Later, I hear my roommate and this honey he’d picked up giggling. I’d met the honey before, and she was HOT! So they giggle, and I block it out and go back to sleep. Then, a few minutes later, I hear the honey’s high-pitched voice again. Going “eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh …” over and over again. I slightly open my eyes and peer over; yup, they were doing it.

The second time, Mrs. Rastahomie and I were in our first apartment. The people upstairs were your drug-abusing, no-job-having, typical white trash. One night, I hear the sounds of the bed banging. Then I hear this low, guttural sound from the woman: “FUCK ME!!! FFFUUUHHHHCCKKKK MMMMEEEEE!!! Do it in my ass!!! Yeah!!!”

:eek:

We were glad when they moved out!

:eek:

New Year’s Eve…

I’m at my friends apartment…laying on the loveseat with a guy. There a couple on the couch-the girl had previously puked in her hair and it was still crusty :frowning: and the guy had been drinking RumpleMinze straight from the bottle-enough to ignore the puke smell.

They start loudly screwing on the couch. The guy on the loveseat takes that as a cue to start kissing me.

In my defense…I was REALLY drunk. I had been doing shots and champagne from 8pm (it was about 4 in the morning).
Worst sex I ever had…apparently the word foreplay was not in his dictionary.:frowning:

I just had this experience!! I was on a camping trip with my boyfriend and some other friends of his from work. I had just flown into Florida (having to get up at 4:30am to catch my flight) and I was TIRED!! All I wanted to do was sleep, but this couple had other ideas. They listened to loud music until 2am until I asked them to turn it down. Then they went to bed and then I heard it…fwap, fwap, fwap, fwap “oh, oh, oh” etc. It didn’t take more than 5 minutes, but it was annoying as hell!! They took about a half-hour breather (b/c obviously he was worn out after that torturous 5 minutes) and did it again for about 5 minutes. ERGH!!!

I used to live in the lower half of a house with a separate tiny apartment out back. I think it was the person living there who used to go at it. You could tell because you could hear the screaming through closed windows at all hours–8am, in particular. It was very embarrassing, esp. when we had people over.

Cheap student housing. 'Nuff said.

I do have a great story involving my housemate, and a military bed placed too closely to the heat radiator. Maybe I’ll tell it tomorrow.

Hoo boy.

I was at a friend’s house for the night, along with another mutual friend (so, three people total, right). We were supposed to be in bed by 12, so around midnight we lay down nicely enough on our cots (fully dressed and wearing our hiking boots and coats) and waited for everybody else to fall asleep so we could sneak out and wander around the woods and neighborhood. Just as we thought it was safe to leave, we heard her parents talking.

Then there’s a strange noise. A kind of thumping noise.

“What the hell?” we asked each other in whispers.

Then the moaning started, and we knew.

Of course we took advantage of her folks’ distraction to run out the back door and take off. :smiley:

I have heard other people, through hotel walls, but much more often, I’m half of the offending couple. :smiley:

My fiance can be a little loud at times. When we started dating, I think we caused one of her neighbors to move out. (It’s just a theory – we have no proof that we were the cause.) Another neighbor once banged on the wall and yelled at us to “knock it off”. (We cracked up, and went out into the living room to finish.) To our defense, we keep it down if it’s after midnight. Almost always.

(I really feel like I should apologize, but the memories are making me all happy, and I’m not even remotely sorry.)

:smiley:

On our honeymoon trip to Ireland, my husband and I checked into a hotel on the day it was hosting a large wedding. It turned out that we were given a room which was attached to the bridal suite, and only a set of locked double doors was between us and the happy couple. Shortly after the ceremony, while the wedding festivities were just getting started, the bride and groom went to their room and consummated their vows. Loudly. Quickly. Up against those double doors. Like that opening scene in The Godfather.

We had a very difficult time not ruining their moment by laughing too loudly.