Am I the only person in the world who hates Spongebob?

It seems like just about everyone, or at least everyone born in the 90s loves Spongebob. Personally I can’t stand the yellow guy. His voice and personality is incredibly annoying. I find the shown inane and unfunny. It’s just like Family Guy or South Park but for kids, lots of subtle sexual jokes and oddly gruesome animation.

I don’t understand how it’s been on the air for 15 years. Maybe because Nickelodeon doesn’t have anything else to offer these days?

My wife can’t stand the character or the show, and she’s about the right age to potentially appreciate it (turned 20 in 1996).

One of the first complete sentences she taught our toddler was “Spongebob is bad.”

Since then (over a year ago), said child has come to watch the show occasionally and rather likes it, which his mother tolerates.

You’re not alone, I too hate the squishy yellow moron, thankfully, I haven’t seen many episodes, Patrick is the more enjoyable character anyway, mostly dumb but with the occasional sparks of intelligence

The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma…

…hey if we’re underwater, how can there be a fi---- (campfire goes out)

Squidward Tentacles at least KINDA hates him.

Well he’s queer, according to some.

Yes, you’re very special by not liking something.

Not everyone likes everything. You chose this.

Born in the 70s here. Hate it. All the reasons you mention: annoying voices, unfunnny, hideous animation.

Its one redeeming feature is that I get to picture Clancy Brown, in between stints as horrifying bad guys in The Shawshank Redemption and Carnivale, spending over a decade voicing Mr. Krabs.

Some dude in the pharmacy the other day was trying to buy a thermometer. The cashier pointed out a Spongebob one but the guy didn’t want it because ‘Spongebob is gay’.

Eh, if my body was 70% holes, I’d probably be tempted to try a lot of things as well.

I love the themesong, and have watched the show just for that. I used to go to minor league baseball games, and the stadium PA would play the Spongebob theme between innings, and the crowd loved it.

It’s a well written show with clever jokes and gags that can be enjoyed by both children and adults. It may not be your cup of tea but SpongeBob SquarePants is a pretty good show.

At least, it used to be back in the first few seasons. I’ve caught some recently and it’s not nearly as good.

The little bit of it I’ve had to watch as a parent has simultaneously bored and depressed me. I guess I’ve missed the clever parts.

I am easily grossed out by animation. I don’t know why, but I am. The animation in Spongebob isn’t as bad as some, but it still mildly grosses me out.

[Les Miserables; Patrick as Jean Valjean] Who am I?

Who am I?

I’m PATRICK STARRRRRRRR!

So, Squidward you see it’s true
SpongeBob bears no more guilt than youuuuuuuu
Who am !?
1, 2, 3, 4, uhhhhh Fiiiiiiiiive![/LM;PaJV]

I didn’t hate it, but I preferred Rocko, Hey Arnold, Real Monsters, and other Nick Toons over it.

I walked in at a friend’s house and this show was on TV. Just glancing at the tv, I first thought the cartoon was about a big block of talking swiss cheese until my friend explained to me that SpongeBob is a sea sponge. I still think he looks more like a block of Swiss cheese with pants.

I don’t like him, either.

Didn’t most of the show’s staff come from the Rocko staff (while Joe Murray went to Cartoon Network to do Camp Lazlo)?

My only real problem with it is, it’s a little too heavy-handed with the underwater theme.

What I want to know is, if they’re underwater, why do they need lifeguards? (Besides for Sandy, that is)

I also wonder how many kids saw the movie and then noticed that the “new” episodes on the TV series (a) didn’t have the second Krusty Krab, and (b) still had Plankton trying to discover the Krabby Patty recipe.

Yes, you are …and you have no heart, you mean, mean person.