origin of the term "dogfucker"

I tried to submit this earlier and it wouldn’t allow the use of the word in the subject. Go figure.
Anyway, my friends and I at work having used the term to regularly have wondered how it came about. Any ideas? In the event it won’t post it again, in the subjectline, the term is “dogfucker”.

Ever seen “Shakes The Clown”???

Technical point. The MB software does no give a hoot what sort of word you put in the title. It does, however, have a personal grudge against the double-quote. Anything placed in a title bracketed by such quotes will disappear.

will show up as

**origin of the term **

doubling the double-quotes will eliminate the problem, I believe:

origin of the term "“dogfucker”"

will show up as

Actually, the problem occurs when you preview. If you preview with a subject that contains “”, the vB software will delete what comes after the quote.

FYI, Badbug, in general, you don’t want to start another thread on the same topic. In this case, your best bet would have been to add to you existing thread.

As for your question, I wouldn’t really consider dog fucker a specific “term” as much as a descriptive phrase. Knowing human nature, I’m sure that fuck has been teamed up with many intensifiers since as long as the word has been around (which is a very long time). I doubt you could ever point to a specific origin when dog and fucker were first brought together.

In your other thread, you said:

So now the question is, “Jeepers, Bug, where in the world do you work?” :eek:

I hope it’s a kennel. :smiley:

Umm… I hope it is not a kennel.

Second that.

Since you “freaking” asked-
Dogfuck first appears in print in 1967, referring to anal intercourse. It would appear to be rather obvious how the word came about.

I’m real curious about your usage of “dogfucker” at work.

See, I’ve heard this coversation:

Q. Whacha up to today?
A. Not a damn thing. I’m just fuckin’ the dog.

Where “fuckin’ the dog” means goofing off instead of doing what your supposed to be doing.

But I’ve never heard of a lazy person being referred to as a “dogfucker”. Is this how your using the term?

I think gadgetgirl is right on this (great taste in films too!) They may have got the idea for the word from the phrase “fucking the dog”, but I’ll bet it was first said by a barfly in clown paint.

For those who haven’t seen the film: The scene is set in a clown bar (yep, a bar full of clowns.) They’re watching a really, really sad clown show on TV, which stars an over the hill, unfunny clown and his scruffy little dog. Because of his show, this pathetic case is the top clown in town. Cut to a row of bored clowns drinking at the bar.

A barfly says:
“He’s gonna fuck that dog at the end of the show. Dog fucker.”

aww, shucks, thanks cornflake