Back to Chicago next month

How’s the food at Twin Anchors?

I haven’t eaten there for years, but I remember it being quite good. The ribs are a specialty, I believe.

You should try to organize a Chicago Dope Fest while you’re at it! I’d try to make it.

May you be blessed with nice weather SanDiegoTim . I just got back and the weather was p-e-r-e-f-e-c-t. Fall colors are just settling in too.

Weather just turned nasty today. Twin Anchors is ok but many steak houses are better.

Twin Anchors is OK.
If you have some sentimental reason for going them by all means go, otherwise you can certainly do better.

Probably my most sentimentally-attached-long-gone-eatery is Rocky’s Bait Shop. Could there a better place for fried shrimp on a warm summer night?

Sadly I never hit Rocky’s but I hear it was great.

When I lived in Chinatown, Lawrence Fisheries was a weekly delight! If you could fry it, they served it.

Chicago weather is always WONDERFUL because of the Lake-Effect, especially if you compare it to someplace else. F’rinstance, even if we’re having wet weather now, it’s worse in, say… um… Atlantis.

Funny how, in August, we’re hotter than hell, and in January, we’re colder than hell. I guess hell is the standard?

Agreed C K Dexter Haven. I’m particularly fond of “Lake Effect Snow”. Simply wonderful.

I’m going to dissent on Twin Anchors. Mushy mealy meat jello baked way past it’s intended life.

Smoque on Pulaski consistently gets rated as one of the top BBQ places in th country not just Chicago. Their St. Louis ribs are particularly good and their brisket is the best outside of Texas.