Semyon Varlamov sued byex girlfriend: Gold Digger alert?

Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend | ProHockeyTalk | NBC Sports

Avalanche goalie Semyon Varlamov is being sued by his ex girlfriend, Evgenia Varinyuk for several instances of physical abuse. He was arrested for assault last year but charges were dropped. Apparently, Ms. Varinyuk kept changing her story.

Now, with the Avalanche struggling and all of the domestic violence charges being tossed around in the NFL, Varinyuk pops back up with what looks like a money grab. This isn’t the first time she’s done this. Last year, while charges were pending, she was requesting compensation to give interviews about the alleged assault.

Playing goalie in the NHL is a very mental job. Hopefully Varlamov can leave the lawsuit off the ice and keep his focus on his game. I’m not an Avalanche fan, but I love good hockey and great goaltending.

Is there anything that doesn’t look like a money grab by a gold digging woman to you?

Nor is it the first time you’ve done this.

Jeez, dude, you really are a one-trick pony, aren’t you?

So , I’ve been reading more about this case. I forgot to also point out the the NHL had their first domestic violence case since the Ray Rice case. Slava Voynov of the Kings was suspended after being arrested for domestic violence So, the timing of the lawsuit against Varlamov is perfect.

Here’s a link to the actual lawsuit.

I don’t believe a word of her accusations. The over the top way she describes the abuse would be laughed out of a Lifetime movie script.

…Although they took a cab to go home, he
announced to her during the ride that he was not going inside and that he planned to resume
drinking at another bar. Plaintiff pled with Defendant to stay with her. She tried to take
Defendant’s cellphone out of his hands, in response to which Defendant punched Vavrinyuk in
the face as they drove home in the cab. When Vavrinyuk tried to push away, Defendant
repeatedly punched her in the back of her head over and over in a drunken animal rage. When
they arrived at their destination, Vavrinyuk ran out of the cab. Defendant chased after her,
kicking her in the back into the snow, grabbing her by the hair, and punching and kicking her
repeatedly while Vavrinyuk lay helpless on the ground. When he was finished, he took his
cellphone out of Vavrinyuk’s hands, returned to the waiting cab, and left…

… Approximately one week into the vacation, Defendant Varlamov again grew
extremely drunk and began screaming and throwing things at Plaintiff Vavrinyuk at a bar. After
they left, he continued his aggressive, violent behavior, pulling Vavrinyuk’s hair down to the
ground to force her face into a muddy puddle of water. He then dragged her to their hotel room
where he continued to beat her and throw things at her through the evening. His repeated attacks
caused Vavrinyuk to bleed all over the hotel room floor and furnishings…

… In a panic,
Varlamov pleaded with Vavrinyuk to help him clean up the bloody mess he had created in their
hotel room…Plaintiff Vavrinyuk helped him clean the hotel room, but not
before photographing some of the bloody mess he had made repeatedly throwing her against the
hotel room walls…
The criminal case against Varlamov was from abuse that she alleged took place on Oct 29, 2013.

…At around 6:00 a.m. the following morning of October 29, 2013, Defendant
Varlamov went home and again attacked Plaintiff Vavrinyuk. As before, Defendant Varlamov
approached Plaintiff Vavrinyuk in a menacing manner with closed fists and stated his intention
of striking Plaintiff with his hands and feet and of killing Plaintiff…

Of course, those charges didn’t stick. The DA dropped all charges on Dec 23. During the time between October 29 and the dropping of the charges, Ms. Vavrinyuk requested payment from news outlets looking to interview her as well as constantly changing her story. Once the criminal charges were dropped, Vavrinyuk then hired a publicist!

For someone who claims repeated abuse of the nature described in the lawsuit, I just can’t believe there were never any witness or evidence. Severe beatings and punches, but no bruises. During one of the paid for Russian TV interviews, she was given a chance to show bruises from the October 29 incident but she declined.

So, in my opinion, this does sound like a money grab, a plea for a green card, or both.

You’ve never believed a word of any woman, so this really doesn’t give us any new information.

You’d be wrong, I completely believe Anita Hill’s allegations against Clarence Thomas.

But you’ve turned yourself into the boy who cried wolf!

We really can’t even hear you anymore.