Red Dead Redemption 2 might be happening

if it’s true, ill be VERY excited. (fingers crossed)

This and Mass Effect: Andromeda may be all the incentive I need to finally go next-generation.

I’m still waiting for the Red Dead Redemption to make its way to PC…

You and me both. I’ve heard the game was great but no way in hell am I buying a console for the few games I want to play.

Not to say they aren’t working on one, but I’d take this rumor with a huge grain of salt.

Also, “Red Dead Redemption 2 : Legends Of The West” is a terrible name.

Can you not rent a console? It’s what I did to play GTA V in 2013. Best done during a long weekend or vacation when you can really plunge into the game and emerge back into the world a few days later.

The game is great. It’s like playing a spaghetti Western.

In any case, you can find the soundtrack on Youtube and may enjoy it.

Or “Grand Theft Horse”. :smiley:

Nope. All the video libraries around here closed down years ago, and even before that they used to require $100 security deposits for the consoles (understandably, but still irritatingly).

Too much hassle for something I’m not going to be able to finish in a single weekend anyway - it took me about a month to get through Grand Theft Auto V.

But then we’d have to play that game at like 25 FPS at sub 720p… I’m a reasonable man, but common!

What i heard is that the code base of the game was such a mess that the developers basically didn’t want to touch it for a port. I mean the game was being shown off on a PC to journalists months before release, but there was no real thought put into a PC release until after it was no longer something they wanted to do.

Whatever they would spend on a third party to handle the port would be made up in the first few hours of a Steam release, but this is Rockstar, even the millions they would make on PC red dead is probably not enough of an enticement.

I hope they release Read Dead 2 on PC at least.

Take-Two executives have admitted that Red Dead 2 has been in some form of development for years now. Even if this specific rumor is false, the game IS DEFINITELY bring worked on somewhere in the bowels of Rockstar San Diego.

Is there any excitement for this, now its release is only a week away?

The trailers make it look pretty gorgeous, with a rumoured 200ish varieties of animal, huge map, and so on. Given that GTA5 is crammed full of entirely gratuitous detail, but RDR2 won’t have the urban setting to furnish, I’ll be interested in where they’ve put their efforts this time around.

I think I’m getting too old for shooting games, so I plan on channeling the Outlaw Josie Wales on an extreme pony-trekking holiday.

Incredibly excited. RDR is still my favorite game of all time and now it’s been 2 years since the official announcement.

I was but Horizon 4 just came out and I’m still waiting for my Ultimate Edition. I guess Amazon ran out of stock.

ETA: and I plan to see about getting a VR headset for my Windows box on Black Friday.

Great. Now I have to convince my wife that we need an Xbox One.

I think I might break my no-preordering-or-buying-on-release-day rule for this game, since by coincidence I took Friday, October 26th off and have nothing else planned for it.

I was surprised there wasn’t a thread on this already. This forum doesn’t get nearly as much video game traffic as it used to.

I want to get this, especially the $99.99 steelbook ultimate edition from Gamestop (I’m obsessed with steelbooks now), but my backlog is already ridiculously long.

I just started Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and I still have Horizon Zero Dawn sitting on the shelf. Hell I still need to finish GTA:V.

I’m pondering whether to get the normal £50 version, or the ‘Special’ edition for £75. The only substantial ‘Special’ item one gets for paying 50% more appears to be a bank robbery mission in Story mode. Obviously I don’t want to miss out on that, but find it’s (ironically) being held to ransom.

I find the prospect that the player character’s facial hair grows in real time quite hilarious, and hope they’ve got some decent fire-spreading physics going on.

And of course, the jackasses at Rockstar again leave PC out. I’m guessing it’ll come out in like a year.

What’s the rationale for not releasing it on PC?

Who knows. The sales for GTA V on PC were really good, well over 10 million on Steam alone, and anything sold outside steam was a Rockstar key, not Steam.

It’s such a massive franchise that making sure it came out day and date with PC, or at least closely with it, would absolutely worth their while, but they just don’t do it.