The middle name "Wayne" and bizarre violent incidents

Surely, there are some very nice guys with the middle name “Wayne”, but it seems like this name is often linked with very bizarre and notorious violent incidents:

John Wayne Gacy, infamous part-time clown, serial killer and child molestor
John Wayne Bobbitt, wife severed a certain piece of his anatomy, alleging he abused her
Robin Wayne Martin, convicted of raping a 12 year old girl after abducting her from Sunday school
Damien Wayne Echols, convicted of the brutal murders of three boys and on death row in Arkansas (Echols is one of the “West Memphis Three”, and his conviction resulted from the admission of improper evidence and the testimony of an expert whom no rational judge would have qualified as an expert. It was basically a 20th century version of the Salem witch trials.)

Charged with murder: (these cases may be pending)
Rocky Wayne McGowan, 20 (Russell Springs, Ky.,February);
Mark Wayne Jennings, 30 (Charles County, Va., March);
Derrick Wayne Kualapai Sr., 51 (Oakland, Calif., February);
Michael Wayne Eggers, 33 (Walker County, Ala., January);
David Wayne Smith, 39 (Virginia Beach, Va., April);
Timothy Wayne Border, 38 (Fort Worth, Texas, April). Mistrial declared in murder trial:
David Wayne Kunze, 50 (Vancouver, Wash., March). Held for questioning in the murder of his wife:
John Wayne Boggs Jr., 35 (Cedar City, Utah, February). [Associated Press, 2-18-01] [Washington Post, 3-17-01] [San Francisco Chronicle, 2-26-01] [Birmingham News, 1-12-01] [Daily Press-AP, 4-5-01] [Dallas Morning News, 4-10-01] [The Columbian, 3-23-01] [Deseret News, 2-2-01]

For more middle name “Waynes”, check out:

http://www.newsoftheweird.com/backstage/back010604.html

Ok, you want another strange coincidence? Look up every bizarre and notorious violent incident and compare the middle names of each person. Count how many are NOT named Wayne.

Wayne just happens to be one of the most common middle names in the US. I doubt that, statistically, the names you mention have any great significance among the names of all mass murderers and other assorted scumbags.

I don’t think I’ve ever known anyone with the middle name Wayne. Is it really that popular of a name? :confused:

Rose

Hello,

Actually, my middle name is Wayne. So, I hope there’s nothing to this.

Don’t make me get violent, now. :slight_smile:

YOU SINNER!!!

(hey, I’m sk8ritx again! everyone celebrate… oh thats right, no one cares)