Name that movie....

Okay, i saw part of this movie on HBO about a year ago, about this guy who got hurt, and some lady found him, she lived on an island, and was an author, and tried to trick him into thinking she was more isolated from society than she really was, does anyone have any idea what i am talking about? i didn’t recognize any of the actors, nor did i see the end, so i don’t know what happened. Any help would be appriciated by this green martian…

Any more information? Was the movie current, or an old black-and-white, did you recognize any of the actors or directors or anybody, or any music from the movie?

The movie was made within the last five years, and the actress was about 30, english, with short, black/brown hair, i can’t remember the guy, but he was about 30 as well. The lady had a mother i think was deceased, and lived on the island because of something her mother did, and for writing or art, i believe.

Don’t know any music.

Is it Misery?

1990, but the plot description sounds close…

Sounds like Driftwood with James Spader.

From the IMDB description, it sounds like LC Strawhouse is correct, i’ll haver to find a video place with it to make sure, though.