Aurora Borealis did ya see it did ya see it

I’ve seen on TV that it was seen in New York and Pennsylvania. I saw it in SE Iowa and I see thread about it but forget the author,sorry,from N Illinois.

It was a vivid red when I checked it out about 10:30 last night.I would think you could have seen it much further south.

So??? Did ya se it???

I’m the one who saw it in N. Illinois. Was it only red there or did you get treated to the light show?

I’m wondering what the chances are for a multi-night display

According to this website, http://www.spaceweather.com , we might be able to see the aurora borealis for the next several evenings, although they won’t be as intense as they were last night. I was outside at 8 p.m. last night, but I guess the light show didn’t get started until sometime before 9 p.m. I would have loved to have seen that.

Great link Shadowfox…thanks!

This April, I was in Gilroy, CA and saw the most amazing thing I’ve ever seen in my life. The sky above the valley in the hills surrounding the ranch I was on was deep, glowing red. It shimmered. I swear, I could hear it shimmer, from deep red to pink to an almost green. Never seen anything like it.

There had apparently been a solar flare, and we were seeing the residual gases or something. So it wasn’t the Aurora Borealis, most likely, but it was still impressive. So impressive, in fact, that I dropped the hood of my friend’s car on his head when I saw the sky. :wink: