[QUOTE=Tracy Lord]
And on top of everything else, it preempted Carolina basketball.
BASTARDS!
[/QUOTE]
Just watch pro ball instead. That’s where all those guys will be playing next year anyway.
[QUOTE=Tracy Lord]
And on top of everything else, it preempted Carolina basketball.
BASTARDS!
[/QUOTE]
Just watch pro ball instead. That’s where all those guys will be playing next year anyway.
[QUOTE=Duck Duck Goose]
A sizeable percentage of whom are old enough to remember Vietnam as “Current Events”, not “History”. Burn me once, shame on you. Burn me twice, shame on me.
[/QUOTE]
No, no the quote is: “Burn me once, shame on you. Burn me…you can’t get burned again.”
[QUOTE=Duck Duck Goose]
A sizeable percentage of whom are old enough to remember Vietnam as “Current Events”, not “History”. Burn me once, shame on you. Burn me twice, shame on me. Sez the boys (and girls) downtown.
[/QUOTE]
Too bad the BaGs downtown didn’t feel the burn before November 2004…
I honestly don’t understand why anyone watched this speech. Unless they’re very young or very old with hope springing eternal. What was the draw? Like rubbernecking a car wreck or something? I sort of wish people would en masse just ignore his next prime time buttinski speech. Maybe he’d get the message.
But then again, probably not.
[QUOTE=Otto]
Too bad the BaGs downtown didn’t feel the burn before November 2004…
[/QUOTE]
Yah, and it’s amazing how fast you can scrape a “Bush '04” bumper sticker off your car if ya really want to… ![]()
I hated the fact that it pre-empted the 6:00 - 7:00 pm iteration of All things Considered that I listen to as I drive home from work. So I had to listen to Helen Borgers on KLON. She sounded like she’s dealing with an upper respiratory infection, and I don’t think she was making the effort to play her “A” material.
[QUOTE=Duck Duck Goose]
Yah, and it’s amazing how fast you can scrape a “Bush '04” bumper sticker off your car if ya really want to… ![]()
[/QUOTE]
Swear to OG, this morning on my way into work I saw one that said, “I NEVER THOUGHT I’D MISS NIXON”
[QUOTE=Liberal]
I honestly don’t understand why anyone watched this speech. Unless they’re very young or very old with hope springing eternal. What was the draw?
[/QUOTE]
Maybe hoping for a wardrobe malfunction.
[QUOTE=kaylasdad99]
Swear to OG, this morning on my way into work I saw one that said, “I NEVER THOUGHT I’D MISS NIXON”
[/QUOTE]
I saw that same bumpersticker yesterday on my way home from work.
That guy must have driven all night to get down to Anaheim in time for your morning commute.
[QUOTE=elucidator]
10. (your favorite moment here…)
[/QUOTE]
The ham-fisted use of the Presidential Library as the setting for the speech. “See, I’m not a mealy-mouthed moron, I’m in an actual library! With books 'n stuff!”
I nominate Bush’s attribution of ownership of the Baghdad security plan to the Iraqi government.
True, Al-Maliki made an announcement on Saturday.
Sure, the generals reviewed the “Iraqi” plan and reported favorably on it to the Crotch-Sock-in-Chief. They were pretty sure that he’d like it, too, because it had sprung from his very own long-barren brow.
[QUOTE=Duck Duck Goose]
Maybe hoping for a wardrobe malfunction.
[/QUOTE]
Ahhhhhhhhh! My mind’s eye! I’m not supposed to get eww in it!
[QUOTE=tdn]
I watched Kill Bill, as I wanted to see something smarter and less violent.
[/QUOTE]
For something smarter than Bush, try Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure, or Dude, Where’s My Car?
[QUOTE=rjung]
The ham-fisted use of the Presidential Library as the setting for the speech. “See, I’m not a mealy-mouthed moron, I’m in an actual library! With books 'n stuff!”
[/QUOTE]
Two things: it’s pronounced “lieBERRY.” Second, it was not ham-fisted because as we all now know Thomas Jefferson’s Koran does not reside there. The 27 percent who still support this president’s War Policy totally dig that. He was totally pandering.
[QUOTE=kaylasdad99]
Swear to OG, this morning on my way into work I saw one that said, “I NEVER THOUGHT I’D MISS NIXON”
[/QUOTE]
Just Googled “never thought i’d miss nixon” “bumper sticker” because I think I want one of those! Looks like I’ve got a choice of designs. It even comes in fridge magnets, with a pic of the Trickster on it.
[QUOTE=El Cid Viscoso]
Two things: it’s pronounced “lieBERRY.”
[/QUOTE]
Exactly. It’s always easy to remember - it’s the opposite of strawBRARY.
-Joe
[QUOTE=RTFirefly]
For something smarter than Bush, try Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure, or Dude, Where’s My Car?
[/QUOTE]
I’ve started calling this war ‘Dick and Dubs’ Excellent Adventure;’ feel free to use that if you like. And ‘Bogus Journey’ works just as well.
[QUOTE=Kyla]
Sure, everyone on my friends list is laughing over something called Dick in the Box (me: WTF? I don’t think we have dicks in boxes in Bulgaria?)
[/QUOTE]
It’s a clip from an American TV show. Justin Timberlake (an American singer) sings about wrapping his dick as a Christmas present and giving it to his girlfriend.
I watched about thirty seconds of it before CNN cut out; I was about sick of Shrub’s voice and face, so I just took two minutes to read the speech itself on I believe CBS.
Feingold is talking about cutting funding for any more troops to go to Iraq: Time to Use the Power of the Purse
[QUOTE=RTFirefly]
For something smarter than Bush, try Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure, or Dude, Where’s My Car?
[/QUOTE]
Or just put a rock on top of the TV and stare at it. Zero intelligence is better than negative intelligence; Bush is the living incarnation of the old joke that goes “Watch him very carefully. Then do the exact opposite.”