100 All-time scariest movie scenes. What's missing?

In the spirit of the season, RetroCrush has issued their list. Mostly conventional picks, but at least they chose one from Un Chien Andalou and threw in a Godfather II choice to keep it interesting. Seems OK to me, but I’m not much of a horror fan. Six mentions from The Shining is a but much, The Omen deserved at least one. I also think the scene from Don’t Look Now where the father IDs his “daughter” belonged on the list.

Oh yeah, and Harvey Keitel’s full frontal scene from Bad Lieutenant.

Off the top of my head, I would have added the scene from Road Warrior where the little feral kid is reaching for the bullet on the hood of the truck, and the bad guy suddenly appears and grabs him. Still makes me jump.

I would remove one of the scenes listed from The Shining and replace it with the the final shot from the 1961 Vincent Price version of Poe’s The Pit and the Pendulum.

I hate to sound like a snob, but how come so many B/horror movie fans act like dumb-asses? Including The Crying Game and Deliverance in the list just seem like homophobia.

Anyway, missing from the list:
Miller’s Crossing: The scene with Johnny Caspar and The Dane at the fireplace.
The Birds: Tippi Hedren visits the attic.
Ringu (the original): The lead’s ex-husband shows her why she wasn’t killed by the videotape.
Wild at Heart: They find the car accident scene with Sherilyn Fenn stumbling around asking “Why does my head feel wet?”

I’d have to say, as full of holes as the actual movie was, the “home video shown on CNN” scene in Signs, where the (sorry, spoiler) visitor is shown for the first time, made me jump higher than I thought possible from a theater seat.

So you’re saying man-man rape should be heralded as a good thing? :wink:

The ‘Curby’ scene from American History X.

The entire theater went, “Ewwwwoooohhhhaaaaggghhhh”.

His number 1 and number 2 a spot on.

All of the musical numbers from Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band.