12 years sober!

Holy cow. I can hardly believe it myself some days.

Tomorrow is my birthday- March 4. I’m posting it now because I am leaving town for work tomorrow morning at the crack of dawn and probably won’t be able to post again for a while.

I am a completely different person from the one who dragged her sorry ass into a hospital all those years ago. I have never taken a drug or a drink again since that Monday morning.

It hasn’t been easy, but nothing worth having ever is.

I am proudest of this accomplishment, because without it, none of my others would exist.

Woo hoo! I am so jazzed! You would think that I would quit getting so geeked up after a while, but no such luck!

:smiley:

Congratulations!

And happy birthday for tomorrow! My birthday is three days later. Pisces rule!

kewl…

take it easy

congrats

congrats!

Hopefully in a few years, you’ll see the same thread, and I’ll be the OP :slight_smile:

That really takes courage, EjsGirl! You have given yourself much to be proud of. I celebrate with you!

(Getting naked and dancing…)

Congratulations! Today (well, it’s March 4 now) is my birthday. It’s a good day to celebrate. Keep up the good fight!

What’s with all the birthdays this week? Seems like it’s everyone’s birthday! :smiley:

Good for you!
That’s really something to be proud of! Here’s to the next twelve!

(zoogirl raises her coffee cup and toasts EJs Girl)

Congrats!

So, your not really twelve years old then, I take it?..:wink:

for real…that’s great and Happy 12th B.day…it’s still one day at a time though, right.

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear EJsGirl
Happy Birthday to you

Keep coming baaack
:D:D:D:D

Happy Birthday, EJsGirl! After seeing the other threads around I’m very happy to see that you’re one of the fortunate ones. It was great playing Diplomacy with you a while back; maybe you’ll get in another game again soon. I think we can take those darned English next time.

Have a great birthday!

Shibb

Yay EJsGirl! Happy Old-Timerhood! Keep sharing your experience, strength, and hope.

Congratulations EJsGirl!

One day at a time, girlfriend.

And I hope the day never loses its meaning for you. Like you said, it’s the accomplishment that makes everything else in your life possible. Mucho congratulations!!

For those of you who may be confused, recovering alcoholics and substance abusers consider the day we quit our other “birthday”. Mine was November 13th, and I turned 8! Way to go EJsGirl.

i salute your dedication and courage. may good things continue to accrue.
lachesis

Good work! And remember, KISS.

spooje, I wait all year for you to sing to me!

Long roadie for work, so I just read this. It really made me smile!

I’m taking a chip/cake tomorrow, can’t wait!

:smiley:

CONGRATS!