19th Annual Super Bowl Early Picks Thread

Probably a scorigami :smile:

If we’re limiting it to the NFL, yes. But otherwise:

Brutal.

Haven’t been following the season at all this year, but my two favourite teams are in there (to my vast surprise) so here goes:

49ers 24, Patriots 18.

Bills 9 Cowboys 2

Interesting. FYI — In the Super Bowl the losing team has never been shut out, and has never only scored a safety. And only twice have they only scored a field goal: the Rams against the Patriots in LIII, and the Dolphins against the Cowboys in VI.

An interesting (perhaps) addendum:

In Super Bowl IX, the Steelers led the Vikings 2-0 at halftime. The final score was a Steelers victory 16-6, but the only points scored by the Vikings was a blocked punt recovered in the endzone.

Packers 30 Chiefs 28

Every time I say “next year I’ll add the tie rules to the OP” and every time I forget.

The tiebreakers:

1. Picked both teams, got winner correct
  2. Picked both teams, got winner wrong
  3. Picked winner correctly
  4. Picked loser correctly
  5. Closest to individual scores
  6. Closest to predicted margin of victory

Packers 33 Chiefs 24

Buccaneers 31 Titans 24

On a 4th quarter <2 min left drive by Brady.

Sweet! So my 81-3 prediction has precedent!

I found the Vikings’ only score that game, and how the PAT was missed.

Super Bowl IX, Vikings TD on blocked punt —

Super Bowl IX, Vikings PAT, Fred Cox doinked it —

And, Dandy Don actually laughed out loud on that miss. The game, and how it is called, have changed quite a bit!

This didn’t work last year, but let’s try again.

Bills 34, Packers 20

I don’t think Pats vs. Bucs is going to happen, but that would make for a very interesting Super Bowl.

Leading with my heart, not my head…

Raiders 34, Buccaneers 31

I figured, I have no chance at winning this game anyway so why not just have fun with it. And, while I have no particular affection for Buffalo, I have disliked Dallas for decades and seeing the humiliated by the Bills would be too sweet to pass up.

You never know. You’re currently the only one with the Bills beating the Cowboys, so if that happens you win regardless of score.

Buccaneers 31 Chiefs 27

Titans 34 Buccaneers 24

(sorry, edited 30 seconds after typo in post)