2004 VMAs, or Boy, I'm sure glad I skipped 6 Feet Under for this

[QUOTE=bouv]

The massive boat he arrived in was obviously rented and he reminds me so much of Bugs Bunny with those teeth that I think he should carry around a carrot.

Why is MTV giving out awards for music videos?

The Bush girls are everywhere because for the first time in a long time, the Republicans have someone sexy on their side of the fence. Yes, sexy. They’re twins, and they’re hotter than the Olsens, and I don’t care who hears me say it. They’ve also got gay friends in Bethesda, and I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that either of them intends to vote Democratic.

The Kerry girls are the Democratic response to the arms race. They’re not as hot, but holding them back would be admitting weakness. Kerry’s older daughter, the brunette, had a somewhat embarrassing photograph taken in Cannes when the flashes from the paparrazzi made her dress semi-transparent.

The Bush girls are still way hotter. MTV has sucked since they cancelled Liquid Television.

Seriously. And did anyone else think she sounded absolutely horrible?

I beg to differ. IMHO, so much hotter than the Bushes could ever hope to be. And without the partying and (literal) tongue-wagging.

Agreed. I was impressed at first - “Hey, they actually got Chaka Khan to sing the hook” - and then she opened her mouth. Damn, woman, practice a bit before you get in front of a national audience!

I watch the VMAs because they’re usually at least one little wacky thing that makes it for me (“Britney Writhes with Albino Python!”) but this year I found no valuable, or even hearteningly cheesy, contributions to my pop culture smorgasboard.

At least I got to see Stevie Wonder perform. Bravissimo.

I caught the first hour today and watched it only to see the Kerry/Bush shill to see just how bad the former got booed and I didn’t think it was anything major… there seemed to be more cheers than boos although the reaction was obviously very mixed.

And the brunette Kerry daughter is hotter than both Bush twins combined.