2010 CFL Season

Busy day, but I did watch the games. So glad the Alouettes demolished the Argos! Looking forward to a Grey Cup rematch, and another parade down St. Catherines!

GO ALS!

As a dedicated (but frustrated) Blue and Gold fan, it causes no small amount of internal conflict for me to say I will be rooting for the Riders tomorrow.

Twenty four hours from now, I will be eating nachos and chicken wings, downing a brown pop or two. And counting to twelve.

Laval Rouge et Or beat the Calgary Dinos to win the Vanier Cup yesterday. The Alouettes will beat the Riders to win the Grey Cup today! Double East win over the West!

GO ALS GO!

Is the Grey Cup going to be televised in the United States. NFL network has shown the CFL this year, but they’re not going to interrupt NFL coverage today.

You can see the US broadcast options here.

along with a few million other Rider fans, of course!

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
Rider Nation Receives Commissioner’s Award

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You can have the Commissioner’s Award…WE HAVE THE GREY CUP!

sad but true - they just out-played DD & Co.

next year country, yet again…

On the Rider’s last drive, I said “Throw an interception, Durant, it’s what you do!” and two plays later, Bill Parker comes up with the ball on the sideline. I should have said it sooner!

I can’t get over how amazing Anthony Calvillo is… he’s facing thyroid surgery for a lesion found a while back, and tests haven’t been conclusive about whether or not its benign. His wife had lymphoma a couple of years ago too. I just think it’s impressive how focused he was on this game, even though he’s facing a pretty worrisome health issue. I hope it turns out to be benign and he’s back next year.

And Cahoon.

One more year! One more year!

I went to the Grey Cup parade today, though I didn’t follow it to the stage for speeches and such. My classes ended at 11:30 and the rain had stopped, so I figured why not? Got there early enough to get a good spot on the corner of St. Catherine and University, and cheered with all the other fans when the trucks serving as floats went by. I tried to take a few photos, but they are all really blurry; you can recognize Anthony Calvillo in one of them, but the rest are terrible (the worst being the one of Étienne Boulay, which makes me sad because he’s unbelievably hot). And, naturally, as I tried to get a shot of the Cup, the player holding it lowered it, so I only got a bit of it.

Still, it was a lot of fun and way better than studying, so I’m glad I went! Go Als Go!