2020 Time Person of the Year: Is there any debate?

The first case is now considered to have been in 2019.

As things stand, I think it’s going to be Pestilence, although Death, War and Famine are still in the running.

Now? I’m pretty sure it always has been. Hence Covid-19.

There’s a meme floating around on reddit that I can’t find right now that has a Time Man of the Year cover that is blacked out except for a silhouette of a door with Trump exiting. Caption is “Bye Don!”.

At least he’ll finally have a real one that he can frame. I’m sure plenty of people will be willing to send it to him as a gift.

I think the Man of the Year has to be the Cell Phone Camera. Without that video would the renewed BLM revolution have even happened?

I wonder if it could be the doctor who tried to blow the whistle about the virus, and then died from it. That encapsulates both COVID, and the issue of citizens struggling to do the right thing in opposition to a government that wants to maintain an unsustainable status quo.

Wow. That’s a weird ninja/simulpost.

It’s still just a two week story at this point and not nearly as huge as COVID. Saturday could have been the peak of BLM.

COVID has killed hundreds of thousands and plunged the world economy into a massive recession overnight. We’ve never seen this before. We will have racial flare ups in the future just like we have in the past

Jamal Khashoggi didn’t volunteer either, but they picked him in 2019.

For 2020, it will likely be something related to COVID 19 - Dr. Fauci, the Frontline worker, or the virus itself

I hope not. Only because if Fauci gets the award and Trump is tweeting about it, that likely means that he won the election. If Trump loses tweeting about Fauci being person of the year would likely be way down at the bottom of his list of things to tweet about.

Not that that would stop him from tweeting about it anyway. The man carries grievances like you or I carry the shirts on our backs.

Yeah, he’d be tweeting about it.

Interesting… so you think trump will stop tweeting if he loses?

If a Trump tweets when not President, will anybody be listening?

Definitely not George Floyd. He didn’t DO anything. It is the reaction to the things done to him that may be changing things in the US. So maybe the BLM protestors, but my money so far is on Fauci.

His disciples listened before.

There is already a thread for this

Yeah, but I can’t decide whether to throw a shoe at it, or just shoo it away. :slight_smile:

LAst year it was Greta and boy did the right whingers have a fit!I remember trump cult friends were seething with rage that the weird little girl with a mysterious backstory was chosen. After I set them on the path to the truth they continued to sputter about how magazines kill trees and Greta was a hypocrite then I had to let them know about recycled paper content and digital editions and that publishing is not the worst environmental offender on earth but then they shouted someone else was more worthy than her. smh.

Yet I still ponder the significance ofa Time of the Year Person, who reads Time anymore anyway?

My vote: The Next Terrible Thing.

Every month it’s just been one bad thing after another, so the person of the year is whatever godawful thing is happening next