2021 SDMB Celebrity Death Pool

Five-time ‘Jeopardy’ champion Brayden Smith has died unexpectedly at age 24.

Wow, I remember his run.

Brian

It’s a bizarre and sad story. I know this is a Daily Fail article but it spells out what I was reading between the lines in other articles. She was estranged from her family and apparently crossing the country in her killer’s truck.

Pioneering Hollywood casting director Lynn Stalmaster dead at 93.

Former NFL receiver Vincent Jackson found dead in hotel room; 62 points.

That article says his death came just days after a welfare check on him, but doesn’t give any reason for the check. Have you heard?

His family had reported him missing on February 11. They located him the next day and the mission persons case was cancelled. The staff at the Homewood Suites said he’d been there since January 11

Thanks

Ari Gold, an LGBTQ artist and musician, has died at 47.

Not dead (yet) but worth watching for a sweet, sweet single point:

Buckingham Palace says 99-year-old Prince Philip has been admitted to a London hospital after feeling unwell.

On June 10th he won’t be worth any points at all.

Rush Limbaugh at 30 points. Was that the biggest bandwagon pick? Well points is points so I’m not complaining.

Yep, the biggest bandwagon ever on my watch. I’ll get going on this one, but it will take a little while.

Am I a bad person for feeling real pleasure at this news? I mean, I’m sorry for anyone who cared about him, but this …

I have to admit that I felt the same way. We can’t both be bad people, can we?

No so much “pleasure” for me, more like, I guess, relief.

I think I’m about the only one who didn’t have him.

I only make an exception to that when the one dying also caused the deaths of others with their words or actions.

Stated by Rush on February 24, 2020 in an episode of his radio show:

“The coronavirus is the common cold, folks.”

Stated by Rush on January 20, 2021 in a radio show segment:

Says Joe Biden and Democrats “have not legitimately won” the presidency.

I feel like when Groucho Marx danced over the ruins of Hitler’s bunker in 1958.

I look forward to the opportunity to piss on his grave.

In the meantime, I’ll be satisfied with being a member of the rather large “got 30 points when Rush Limbaugh died” club.

Yeah, looks like nearly fifty of us had him. So take your time, we can wait. We know those points are a-comin’. :smiling_imp:

Unless I overlooked something, Team Dirt doesn’t have him. But you and TD are the only players in the top 8 who don’t, AFAICT.