2021 SDMB Celebrity Death Pool

Rowena Morrill, book artist, dead at 76 due to a series of heart attacks.

In my formative years it seemed like every book I read had a cover made by her or Michael Whalen.

Awwwwww man; I still have shirts from his tours back in the '80s. I used to make a good bit of money doing his shows every year back in the day.

Even now I can go over to my bookcase and grab a book at random and it’ll have a cover by her, Whelan or Darrell K Sweet.

Let’s hope she lives to see another New Year’s. :wink:

John Hora, cinematographer on ‘The Howling’ and ‘Gremlins,’ dead at 80.

Yes Darrell K Sweet was the other one.

97 year old Bob Dole is fighting Stage 4 lung cancer.

More disturbing info on Vincent Jackson. According to msn.com, he may have been dead for a few days before being noticed. The cleaning crew noticed him slumped over on the couch the previous two days, but just assumed he was sleeping. His family has donated his brain for examination as they suspect that he suffered from CTE.

Bruce Meyers, creator of the Meyers Manx, a car that would become known worldwide as “The Dune Buggy” and that would be copied and replicated for generations, and who was an original pioneer of racing in Baja, has passed away at the age of 94.

Meyers died of a blood disease called myelodysplasia, which is similar to leukemia.

Many a youth among us harbored a thought of building one of these buggies.

Actress Martha Stewart (NOT the domestic queen) has died at 98.

Mark Anthony Morales, AKA Prince Markie Dee of the Fat Boys, leaves 48 points on the board.

That was my thinking when I made the comment. People under 26 probably mainly think of Michael Jackson as a child molester.

It would be interesting to see at the end of the year how the collective wisdom of the Death pool players would have scored, so if I had picked those 12 where would I end up being placed.
Has that ever been looked at for prior years?

I don’t think I’ve done it since becoming DeathMistress, but I saved some of the spread sheets. Maybe this weekend I could look them over.

He’s not dead but maybe worth keeping an eye on:
Tiger Woods In Serious Car Crash, Removed With Jaws of Life

Beat poet Lawrence Ferlinghetti dead at the age of 101.

Yes
but then right in the middle of it
comes the smiling

mortician

What a pointless death.

He might still have helped someone qualify for the Quantity, Not Quality award. Take a look at my list, at least four are over 100.