2021 SDMB Celebrity Death Pool

Worth mentioning that the Jaws of Life were not used. Just a prybar. Do not trust early Twitter reports.

Woods has non-life threatening leg injuries.

Woods’ career may be terminal but unless the reports are wrong he seems unlikely to die from his injuries.

Damn, I had no idea he was still alive. I remember reading some of his poetry in English class fifty years ago.

I am waiting for my number to be called

Wait no more, Lawrence.

Further nitpicking: Even if hydraulic tools were used, they were likely to just be referred to as a “spreader” and a “cutter” or nipper. Jaws of Life is a namebrand.

Source: volunteer firefighter who did his vehicular rescue class last year.

Many trademarked brand names are used in general conversation among ordinary people as if they were generic terms. Deal with it.

No bickering you two.

Ronald Pickup, ‘Best Exotic Marigold Hotel’ star, dead at 80

Oh! How sad. I loved him in that film.

Not very famous but still of note: J. Samuel Hammond, who played the Duke Chapel bells at Duke University for 50 years has died at 73.

John’s brother Peter dies in prison. One of his convictions was for trying to extort Steven Seagal.

Last night on the news they were talking to the woman who is in charge of the fire/rescue unit who got him out of the wreckage. She said he was pinned in in such a way that if they had gotten to the scene much later, he quite possibly would have needed to have his leg amputated.

Gene Taylor, keyboardist for The Fabulous Thunderbirds, froze to death during the Texas power outtage:

The Fabulous Thunderbirds are not go?

I was never a huge fan of the band, but it sucks to die like that.

Not exactly a celebrity death, but worth noting:

LaVannes Squires, the first Aftrican-American basketball player at Kansas, dies at age 90. Squires was on the Jayhawks 1952 national championship team coached by Phog Allen. One of his teammates was a reserve by the name of Dean Smith.

UK soap actor Johnny Briggs, most famously known for playing Mike Baldwin on Coronation Street for 30 years, but also in war movies like 633 Squadron and also a few Carry On comedy movies, has died aged 85.

He was with The Fabulous Thunderbirds for years but not with them at their most famous. He joined after Jimmy Vaughn left.

Former NFLer and broadcaster Irv Cross has died at age 81.

Civil rights leader and former Clinton advisor Vernon Jordan, dead at 85

Actor Jahmil French has died at 29