2021 SDMB Celebrity Death Pool

Geoffrey Scott, Actor on ‘Dynasty’ and ‘Dark Shadows,’ Dies at 79

Dang. The one living actor from Dark Shadows not on my themed list.

Fred Segal, designer and retailer.

Bunny Wailer, reggae music giant who founded The Wailers.

Joe Altobelli dead at 88. He had limited success as a big league player but had a long coaching and managing career. He replaced Earl Weaver in 1983 and the Orioles won their last World Series. He was well liked by his players and was a local hero in Rochester New York. In his book Jim Palmer said Altobelli was “very compassionate and sensitive compared to most managers" unlike Weaver who "isn’t all that compassionate and sensitive even compared to most chain gang wardens.”

I saw some articles note that John Altobelli who was a college baseball coach who died with Kobe was not related.

Same thing happened with my themed list. Thirteen living cast members from Catch-22. And it was Bruce Kirby, one of the ones I didn’t pick, who died.

Rest in peace, Joe. And thanks for that wonderful 1983 season, after coming so close so often in the previous half-dozen seasons.

Famed wrestling promoter Jim Crockett Jr. has died at 76.

Can’t vote for only 12 – who was #13?

Joan Weldon, the opera singer and actor who starred in the 1954 sci-fi film “Them!,” has died 90

Nicola Pagett, Actress in ‘Upstairs, Downstairs,’ Dies at 75

Three people were “tied” for 13th. Rudy Giuliani, Michael J. Fox, and Betty White have nine picks each.

Walter Gretzky, ice hockey coach and father of Wayne Gretzky, dead at 82.

Tony Hendra, ‘This Is Spinal Tap’ Actor and National Lampoon Alumnus, Dies at 79
(This one hurts - the Boston gig and every other future gig is canceled)

Liam?

Will his grave be dug 6" deep?

Ian. Their manager.

79 and he had ALS.

I know.

They should bury Ian with his cricket bat, not as an affectation but as a totemistic kind of thing.

Okay. I’m mature enough to admit when I get wooshed. Been a while since I’ve seen the movie.

Mark Pavelich dead at 63. One of the stars on the US “Miracle on Ice” Olympic hockey team.