2021 SDMB Celebrity Death Pool

Also:

Biz Markie
Markie Post

Mark ‘Marky Mark’ Wahlberg needs to watch his step.

Dammit… scratches Bowden off of '22 list

Colonel Dave Severance, who commanded the unit at Iwo Jima made famous by a certain photograph and earned the Silver Star for his service, has received his life payout at 102.

Jane Withers, child actor turned commercial star, dies at 95:

RIP Tony O

Former Talk of the Nation host Neil Conan signs off at 71.

Aaron Brody, food technologist who helped develop frozen fishsticks, the microwave oven, Starburst candy, pop rocks, and various improvements to food preservation technologies.

Guy Eby, whose quick thinking averted a potential 308 casualty air disaster in 1975 after a flight controller error.

Mike Finnigan, studio keyboardist who played with a large number of headliners, has tickled his last ivory at 76. I used to see him in the nightclubs in Wichita back in the late 60s and early 70s. Helluva piano player.

Aww man… I have been listening to Finnigan & Wood’s “Crazed Hipsters” a lot lately. I found the WAV files for the album in some obscure location on my hard drive awhile back when reorganizing my music collection. Great album, excellent version of Son House’s “Death Letter” on there.

ETA: Pretty sure I remember Finnigan playing keyboards for Stephen Stills when I saw him back in 1981 or so.

That was a great album. Finnigan & Wood opened for Chuck Berry in Wichita right after the album came out. A memorable concert.

Una Stubbs, probably best known for playing Mrs. Hudson on Sherlock, has died at 84.

I did enjoy her work in Sherlock and other things. I do have to say that Worzel Gummige is the most horrific thing I’ve ever seen and I’ve been a cop for over 20 years and I’ve spent time in a combat zone.

To Americans maybe!
Summer Holiday, Worzel Gummidge, Give Us A Clue, are all things that come to mind to me, far ahead of Sherlock which I almost forgot that she was in.

PBS must have run Worzel Gummidge at times, no? It was certainly shown often enough on Canadian TV.

I watched on New Zealand TV. And they liked the show so much they made an entire new series set in New Zealand. Though I think that was because Jon Pertwee liked to visit…

Not on my PBS channel. I only knew about it when I looked it up a couple years ago because of Pertwee.

Nor ours. They ran the mainstream popular stuff, from The Irish RM, to Dr Who, to Keeping Up Appearances, and a bunch in between, but I do not recall Worzel Gummidge even peeking around the corner of BBCA.