2021 SDMB Celebrity Death Pool

Pfui.

Grammy-winning folk artist Nanci Griffith dies at 68

I’m seeing on many Twitter feeds from people who know him that Fez Whatley died last night at 57. In its heyday the Ron and Fez Show on the radio meant a hell of a lot to me. It got me through some bad times. Fez started off as a character on the Ron and Ron Show in Florida but over the years Todd Hiller and Fez Whatley merged into one unique and funny person. He was retired for a few years due to health problems but I will still miss him. Fez Whatley/Todd Hiller 57.

Yesterday, Steve Perrin, co-founder of the SCA and creator of Runequest, died.

He was 75.

Heart failure according to Fez Whatley’s Wikipedia.

Gerd Müller is dead. Maybe not the greatest footballer ever, but surely the greatest goal scorer.

He had many years of heart trouble with multiple stents.

John Rizzo, dead at 73. Good riddance.

Trevor Moore, founder of the comedy group The Whitest Kids U Know, has died at age 41 following an accident.

That explains why all those The Whitest Kids U Know videos where showing up on my YouTube feed.

Maki Kaji, creator of sudoku, dies at 69.

There’s a joke in there somewhere, but I can’t think of it right now.

Yeah; I tried to figure out how to make my post a puzzle of some sort but hey: the info is more important than the form, amirite?

Former Michigan (former) GOP congressman Paul Mitchell has died at 64.

Kaji may have been a creator of sudoku puzzles, but under the name “Number Place” the puzzles were first created by Howard Garns of Indiana and published by Dell in 1979.

Fredd Ladd, producer of Astro Boy (and other cartoons and anime), dead at 94.

UK Comedian Sean Lock, from shows like 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown and QI, has died of cancer, aged 58. An unexpected and profound loss to comedy.

Devastating. I’m almost speechless to learn this right now.

Here is short, I’m sure entirely inadequate, compilation of him being funny.

Rather crushed about this.

God dammit.

He had been looking distinctly unwell for a while so I can’t say I’m surprised, but it’s still really disappointing. The “Blue Rat” episode of Fifteen Storeys High is an underrated comedy classic, and his “The Tiger Who Went To The Pub” is pure genius.

Sean Lock was asked what he would like his obituary to say. Here is his answer.