2021 SDMB Celebrity Death Pool

Huh. Boris Johnson is younger than I had thought, to have a 79yo mom.

DEADLINE: Comedian Norm MacDonald dead at 61 after private battle with cancer.

Goddammit

Oh, no! Turd Ferguson is dead!

I don’t think Norm would’ve found that funny.

“No, it’s funny (chewing gum) Sure, it’s funny.”

Norm: “You always hear about people dying peacefully in their sleep. Peacefully in their sleep? I wake up if the cat jumps on the bed! You think I’m not gonna wake up if my heart stops???”

If you click through, it’s “The Final Chapter,” the last chapter of Norm’s book. Definitely worth a read.

Thanks, it was great.

Oh he was so funny. I really liked him. I didn’t know he was sick.

RIP Norman. You brought so much laughter to the world.

I remember him playing a giant penis on some new year’s eve '99 show. Not quite sure why that memory sticks.

Due to an aortic aneurysm following a long battle with heart-related illness, bassist Roger Newell is now on a journey to six feet under the Earth.

I have to post this joke Norm told.

I’m gonna say it: after listening to that lame story for that long, for such a mediocre punch line…well, I’m really kinda glad I never heard of him until now.

To each his own…

Reuben Klamer, the creator of Life is dead at 99.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.newsweek.com/reuben-klamer-dead-game-life-creator-99-1629290%3Famp%3D1&ved=2ahUKEwik98uygIHzAhVFVTUKHcLNDYgQvOMEKAB6BAgbEAE&usg=AOvVaw0bVrwkgIqn07H2zKf7Phgp&ampcf=1

He didn’t create life. That was somebody else, though who exactly is hotly contested. The Egyptians, for example, had a very different idea than the Greeks. No, he created The Game Of Life, the board game produced by Milton Bradley.

Fixed link:

And yet you don’t post the classic interview between Conan, Norm, and Courtney Thorne-Smith?

That moth joke is one of those “it’s about the journey, not the destination” kind of things. It’s not that Norm is dragging out a joke with a lame punchline, it’s how he drags it out that makes it so hilarious. But as Rebo says, to each his own.