2021 SDMB Celebrity Death Pool

Gerd Müller obituary Nets me 25 points

Patricia Maginnis, pioneering abortion rights activist dies at 93.

Edmond Fischer, Nobel winning biochemist whose work on protein phosphorylation led to many breakthroughs in treatment of muscular dystrophy and other motor neuron diseases dead at 101.

Adlai Stevenson III, not to be confused with his great-grandfather Adlai the Vice President, or his father Adlai II the presidential candidate, dead at 90. Senator Adlai III was a senator and a pretty prominent politician in his own right.

If you missed this Adlai there is still Adlai IV who is a journalist and he has a son Adlai V.

Together they make up 93% of the world’s Adlais.

It was recently brought to my attention that if you are named after your father, your mother moaned your name during sex, probably hundreds of times.

Man, that’s one thought I’m extremely glad to not have running through my head. :open_mouth:

Should be noted that it’s one of those instances where Adlai II was not a junior. The name skipped a generation.

Michael Constantine, or Room 222 and My Big Fat Greek Wedding, has died at age 94.

Phil Schaap, radio host, record producer, teacher, and archivist of Jazz, dies at 70 of cancer.

:cry:

Mr. Metrano did one of the greatest comedy magic acts of all time.

RIP Art; you done great.

Big Daddy Graham Philly overnight radio host.

Rusty Warren, “Knockers Up” comic, dead at 91.

An actor who spent much of his career doing 1 episode of this show or that show, Alex Cord, gave up 12 points to no one in particular a month ago, and we all seem to have missed it (based on a quick thread search).

Abimael Guzmán, also known as camarada Gonzalo, founder and ideological mastermind of the Sendero Luminoso (Shining Path) terrorist movement died in prison in Perú, where he was serving a life-sentence since he finally got caught in 1992, at the age of 86.

I had to re-read that to determine that he was 86 when he died, not when he was caught in '92, because that would one damn old guy.

Eeeh… yes, that was a Spanish sentence, sloppily translated. Sorry.

Mick Tingelhoff passed away Saturday at the age of 81.

Tingelhoff started an incredible 240 games for the Vikings, the most in a row by any NFL center and second-most of any player in franchise history behind Jim Marshall’s 270 at defensive end. He also handled long-snapping duties in an era that predated such specialization.

Actor Don Collier has died at 92. He also did narration for the University of Arizona’s documentary series The Desert Speaks.

Article here