24 - Season 3, Episode 14, 2:00AM - 3:00AM (SPOILERS)

Yes. One of the top three, alluded to earlier in this thread, should be Jack instructing Kim with the gun in season two: “Good. Now shoot him again.”

AGGGHHHHH!!! You’re absolutely right! I should have put that at #3 and left off one of the lower choices. Damn, how could I forget that…

I thought this was the hacksaw moment- didn’t he want the hacksaw to remove the guy’s thumb?

No, he wanted the hacksaw in the first episode of season two. When they brought in the FBI witness/pedophile, Jack shot him dead in the office in front of George Mason, then told Mason to get him a hacksaw so he could cut off the guy’s head and take it to his former criminal contact to prove he hadn’t sold the guy out (the pedophile had been given a deal to testify against the guy).

No, the thumb moment was in episode two or three of Season one, after Jack and Agent Walsh were under fire. He then scanned the thumbprint in the SUV on his way back to CTU.

Another badass Jack moment was when he supposedly ordered armed gunmen to kill the 10 year old son of Sayed Ali in Season two. I couldn’t freakin’ believe they were going that far.

I kinda partial to the Jack close-combat bone-breaking scenes. Three good ones that can recall:

-Season 1: In the car with kidnapper guy after he drives Jack to the compound where Kim and Terri are being held. Short, efficient, and brutal.

-Season 2: Breaking Tony’s ankle when Tony tried to stop him from leaving CTU.

-Also season 2: my memory is a little fuzzy on this one, but Jack was undercover with some people (the one’s he brought the head to), trying to find the bomb. Jack wanted to go along with them, but they weren’t going to let him, so Jack picks a fight with the driver and breaks his leg.

I don’t know if any of those would make the top 10, but they were pretty good.

I don’t think we’ve heard the last from Nina. I suspect that Jack had a reason for shooting Nina that goes beyond vengeance. Something that gives Jack’s quote a different meaning. Something that explains Nina’s smile in the interrogation room. I think there’s something Jack knew Nina was going to tell someone.

This was the best episode of the show that I’ve seen.*

I missed the first 15 minutes and that may have caused me to miss JarJar for the whole episode - what joy! I was thinking maybe Nina killed her in the beginning somehow but that would have been too good to be true.

Question 1 and 1A: When Jack was being interrogated, and the interrogator and Chappelle offered to basically lie on Jack’s behalf, regarding when he started using heroin, weren’t they still on tape when they did that? It seemed awful concerted - ‘hey, lets see if he’ll go along the lie, and then we’ll punk him out on it!’ For that matter, doesn’t it seem to be a bit of poor timing on Chappelle’s part, to schedule such an interrogation at 2 in the freaking morning, with a major catastrohic event waiting to happen? What a douche-bag.

Question 2: Can’t Millikin’s wife afford a phone w a better ringer than that generic Nokia tone? Get that girl to 3gupload.com!

Question 3: Am I the only one who is getting suspicious about the Secret Service guy? I’m referring to when El Presidente said he thought his shift was over and the SS guy said something like ‘no, I want to be here.’ Or is he a holdover from seasons 1 and 2?

• This is my first season of watching 24. I believe I’ll be renting season 1 this weekend.

I wonder what Kim was about to say to Jack just before he told her to leave the room to get the others.

I was hoping Kim would do it too.

He’s been here at least through season 2. He’s probably the most trustworthy person on the show- as in, out of everyone, I don’t see him turning on anyone. Wasn’t he the one who got Palmer a phone last season when the VP had him isolated?

I thought Chapelle stopped the tape, but I may be thinking of when Tony came in.

He’s a holdover. Last season he was true-blue to the President when things were rough. He appears to be a very loyal and stand-up guy. However, this being 24 and all, he could end up being a turncoat for all we know.

Regarding Tony and Nina: I don’t think their relationship progressed much further than hand-holding and longing looks. If something more was implied, I missed it. It looked to me that Tony was constantly pining over her while she was giving him mixed signals. (Well, we all know now what that meant, but at the time it seemed to me that she was still hung up on Jack.) It’s quite possible that I missed something though.

Jack: “Shoot him again, Kim” (paraphrased) has gotta be on the top 10 bad-ass list. Too bad Kim didn’t reciprocate with the same statement this time:
“Dad, shoot her again!!”

It was the carotid artery, not the jugular vein, which is even better. I think she did it knowing that one of the respondents to the situation would (foolishly, it turns out) try to aid her escape. Whatever the anesthesiologist gave her didn’t put her out, as he said it did.

I knew this was going to be a good one, since they expect us to wait a month for the next episode.

They had a shot of Nina pinching a tube, presumably shutting off the flow of the night-night stuff. She then fakes going under, to get Tony to leave, and then Ka-Bammos off screen.

[/quote=Larry Mudd]
I knew this was going to be a good one, since they expect us to wait a month for the next episode.
[/QUOTE]

I think this episode was actually pretty weak, except for the last scene, obviously. But that’s because the previews totally ruined it – I knew Nina was going to escape, and so I was a little bored waiting through the how of it. (Awfully convenient that she was shot at 2:59:50, wasn’t it? :slight_smile: )

Has anyone else gotten the impression that they’re really stretching out this season? It just seems to me that the amount of action we’ve seen so far could have fit in five or six episodes last year. JMO.

There will be a new episode this coming Tuesday, 2/24. The hiatus is after this coming episode. http://fox.com/schedule/ seems to be a reliable source, making sure “this week” is selected on the left.

That said, I agree it takes something big to lead into a month-long hiatus. What the hell is going to end this next episode?!

(Man, I hit my year’s SIZE quota entirely within this thread.)

Yaaar! Thanks for the heads-up, I would have totally missed it!

Like I missed Nina pinching the tube!

Why am I shouting?!

Got to agree with most of those, especially the hacksaw line. Classic.

Another of my favorite Jack moments, though, was also in season 2, when he was sending Nina in to that shop that was a cover for her informant or contact. Nina says, “If I go in, he’ll know something’s up. He’ll kill me, then turn the gun on himself.”

Jack: “Don’t worry. We won’t let him turn the gun on himself.”

And as for badass moments, how about season two a few eps earlier, when he put the bullet holes to the left and right of Nina’s head in the CTU holding room?

Aaron has actually been around since Season 1. He’s an upstanding guy.