24: Season 6: Episodes 1-2 (6:00am - 8:00am) Season Premiere!

Actually, Alexander Siddig (Bashir) got pretty good reviews for Syriana, if I remember correctly. I hope he lives at least until after lunchtime.

And you guys are better than me with the wisecracks - the best I came up with when he escaped was “Jack’s taking a bite out of crime!”

Can Chief O’Brien be far behind? Maybe the IRA’s entry to Los Angeles.

Yep. He’ll be playing Chloe’s long-lost father. Poor guy.

Peradventure it shall come to pass that Quark will show up selling Chole new servers and work stations.

Just thought I’d pop in and say that spoiler-averse 24 fans should stay away from the Drudge Report until after Monday night’s episode…

grrrr

How about Avery Brooks as Curtis’ long-lost commando father? :slight_smile:

I just watched that. She was really cool in that. I like her style of humor.

When the FBI guys visited the president’s sister I was thinking maybe they were terrorists in disguise. They didn’t show their badges.

The promos hooked me, and I tuned in. I was underwhelmed, sorry to say. Don’t know that I’ll check it out tomorrow night, too.

In addition to the other already-known actors mentioned upthread, the Prez’s sister’s boyfriend, the head of that Arab-American lobbying group, is played by the guy who was the White House Chief of Staff in the Geena Davis series Commander-in-Chief. He’s got more of an accent in this one, natch.

I find it almost laughable that the logo of the Islamic American Alliance (as seen on its computer wallpaper) depicts the name of the organization in connected English letters meant to mimic Arabic script, almost comparable to the slanty-lined English letters used on Chinese food and other “Asian” products. I doubt a prestigious organization representing a group of people would really use a typeface which mocks the language of the own people they represent.

I just watched the “scenes from next episode” and I’m pretty sure one of the 100 enemy combatants was Shaun Majumder. That makes the next two hours almost worth watching.

That’d be the esteemed Harry Lennix. I don’t remember them ever having this many ‘name’ actors before. (Still, they’ve killed so many former regulars that Mary Lynn Icecube now gets top billing after Sutherland.)

Ahhh… Commander Lock from the “Matrix Reloaded” (and Revolutions). I was trying to figure out where I recognized him from.

I’m just wondering about what happens when the guys with the U-Haul come back and find a pair of jeans and a t-shirt missing. And a carved up terrorist in the living room.

I obviously can’t spoil it for you, but you really should watch Monday night’s episodes. They are much better than the first two, IMO.

Yeah, I was thinking he looked like a total poindexter like that.

Although admittedly tearing out a terrorist’s throat with your teeth, while shackled, after you’ve already been tortured, does sort of lower the Nerdiness Quotient a bit.

Color me underwhelmed. I’ll be sitting out this season of Kumar and The Biscuit.

Besides, TV is over for me. It’s all been done. We now have the bestest TV quote/catchphrase of all time:

DROP THE COFFEE!

I’m thinking it’s like Jayne’s hat: “Man walks down the street in a hat like that, you know he’s not afraid of anything.”

Is the hawkish Presidential advisor the same actor who plays Larry (? Main character’s mathematician friend) on Numb3rs? He seems to bear a strong resemblance to him.

After 11 weeks of terrorists attacks over nearly a dozen, it takes a blowed up bus in LA to raise the threat level to “red”. That, or a poorly-worded newscast.

I’m pretty sure the organization the Palmer sister works for has terrorist ties - the computers work too fast for a “not-for-profit”. That kinda speed requires more than grant money. Gees, they even had flat-panel monitors.

Come now, a quality show like 24 wouldn’t do that racist, “We doan hava to show you no stinkin’ badges!” routine.

As I mentioned above, The Biscuit from Ally McBeal. They’re all played by Pet McNichol.