$600 million to search for WMD- lets cede the point and save some money

Ladies and gentlemen, if you step this way you will see a representative sampling of left wing commie pinko bastards trolling for Republican.

Like the big business land developers they so claim to despise, these pinkos have run amok across the fertile environment of the SDMB and hunted their prey, the Republicans and conservatives into hiding and near extinction. Now the Republicans only come out to vote.

It’s sad really, look at the once Elucidator act the part of a Republican so he can argue with himself. ::Shakes head:: And to think there was a time this man would have been offended by the mere hint that he was playing with Strawmen.

Yes, they are a sad and despondent lot, but if you listen carefully you can still sometimes hear their lament on the wind…

[sub]December…[/sub]

All they need is some bigass combs to comb the desert.

“WE AIN’T FOUND SHIT!”

Lame, Scylla, and not even close to being on-target.

hmmm…
left wing— i guess i am, if by left you mean “not right”
commie-- not exactly, more like “for socialized medicine”
pinko-- actually, japanese for pink is pinku, not pinko, and what that has to do with anything i have no idea. I’m not even pink, more of a peachy-tan, with a hint of raw sienna.
bastards-- no, my parents were married (though now divorced, so i guess that means i am not from a real family)

“Yes, sir! In my case, an accident of birth. But you sir? You’re a self-made man!”

Lee Marvin in The Professionals

(Last of the really classy macho westerns, except for Ulzana’s Raid and Valdez is Coming. Joe Bob Elucidator says check 'em out!)

You guys are missing the point. They don’t care. They are the indulgent parents who will excuse anything their little Georgie does, no matter how obnoxious. And woe betide you if you actually get annoyed or offended by it.

And where were all you gleeful reds when I – and not many others - was arguing and being derided, month after friggin month, in the build up to the war by the usual blinded-by-the-flag suspects ?

Everyone turns up for the celebratory party, but I don’t see many names posting here now who defended and supported Scott Ritter and the real evidence from UNSCOM back in the day . . .

And there’s not a whole lot to be smug about, either. The message didn’t get through to the people, and it ain’t a lot of good celebrating that actual, real-world fact.

dude, i was at anti-war rallies. It was cool, some anarchists showed up and the police beat the crap out of them. And i got to see Danny Glover!

Hey, I do remember you… weren’t you the dude who climbed up on the squad car with a bullhorn and took a rubber bullet in the crotch? That was awesome!!

::looking closer::

Oh, wait. No, you were that guy with the funny accent and the Clash sticker on his briefcase, standing in a doorway and passing out leaflets. Sorry… Um, good show?

“To fish for by trailing a baited line from behind a slowly moving boat.”

Asking for the other side of an argument isn’t trolling. When one’s ideological opponents suddenly fall silent on a subject about which theyve had an awful lot to say in the past, one has a perfect right to ask for some helpful input.

Well, if Brutus et al won’t say anything, we’ll just have to presume they are silently agreeing with us.

Which makes this thread a valid citation the next time the topic pops up in other threads… :wink:

or they could just be wondering if certain folks do vanity searches.

::cough coughscylla coughcough:: :wink:

I was arguing, and being derided, month after friggin month, by the usual blinded-by-the-flag suspects.

Enjoy,
Steven

I thought the “45 minutes” was Blair’s claim, not Bush’s.

Well, lets be accurate by all means. Lets see how many fucking hairs we can split or are we preparing for “Iraq Trivia” the game brought to you by GWB, it is a lot like monopoly, with a little bit of care a game lasts a long fucking time.

But, I digress, who’s up to draft the form letter for sending to all the hometown newspapers? Perhaps something like this:

Dear President,

We all thought it over and we believe you. You can stop looking because we believe you. Not everybody, but most of us believe you. We hear that the UN believes you. France isn’t saying anything but they believe you.

Thanks for everything, your adoring public.