70% chance of WMD attack

The news (KIRO 7, Seattle) is reporting that there is a 70% chance of a WMD attack… Somewhere in the world, sometime in the next ten years. The talking heads call this news ‘alarming’.

Erm…pardon my ignernce…WTF is WMD? West Maryland Dopers? :confused:

Oh my Og, I live there! Thank Og I built that bunker in my basement; see you guys in ten years! By then, I’m sure they’ll have this whole thing cleared up.

OMG!!! The West Maryland Dopers are going to attack!?!?

For the love of Og, why? Will someone please explain what’s set them off? Will no one think of the children? Oh, the humanity!

I gotta go build me a shelter.

Yes, I am very likely to attack Italy sometime in the next ten years.

No, wait. I live in Baltimore. That is more central Maryland then west, right?

Oh, and WMD=Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Crap. I’m in Prince George’s County, MD, very near the Montgomery Co line. I’m right on the fringe. Clearly, since I haven’t been shown the secret handshake or given useful pamphlets to stockpile my weapons (like I need somebody to tell me to do so! HA!), I’m not a rogue WMD. I’ll be among the first to get attacked when they march on Washington.

I’ll try to hold out long enough to post the warning. Those WMD rat bastards won’t get away with this!

Here I was thinking the world was going to turn into a non-violent Disneyland in the next decade. Excuse me while I go duct-tape plastic sheeting to my home to seal it hermetically.

Sheesh…and all this time I thought the 'Pubs were all freaked out about White Male Democrats! :smack:

In realted news, there is speculation that 70% of “experts” have no qualifications in 70% of subjects. Experts find this alarming

I think the actual number is 29 points higher.

Weapons of Mouse Destruction - that’s what I call my cats!

[QUOTE=Only Mostly Dead]
Crap. I’m in Prince George’s County, MD, very near the Montgomery Co line. I’m right on the fringe. Clearly, since I haven’t been shown the secret handshake or given useful pamphlets to stockpile my weapons (like I need somebody to tell me to do so! HA!), I’m not a rogue WMD. I’ll be among the first to get attacked when they march on Washington.

Actually Frederick county is usually accepted as the start of western Maryland. I live down in Montgomery so I’m not a threat. Though I did move here after 20+ years in Frederick. :smiley:

I always defined it as the three Western Counties: Washington, Allegany, and Garrett in the panhandle. That would leave Frederick out.

But hell, Eddie, we’ll always have Frostburg State and Dunkle Hall, right?

No, no, no. WMD means Wines of Mogen-David. Rancid stuff, indeed.

I’m in Canada…so we’re pretty safe from this, right??

Right?? I’m too young to die!!!

Don’t worry, daredevil. We’ll repel them with our beaver army and our flannel-clad squadrons of hockey-stick wielding, beer-swilling Mounties.

I don’t think that anyone ever has to worry about anyone attacking a huge landmass of permafrost. :smiley:

Keh! Same thing, no?

Actually, 63.7% of all statistics are simply made up at random.

Is this a whoosh?