A Big Fuck You, Pizza Hut

Pizza Hut pizza = Wonder Bread with catsup.

Folks, you 're all missing the point. The reason Pizza Hut says they can’t deliver to your area is because the 17 year old driver doesn’t have a car that night! :smiley:

Ah man, this reminds me of the time I had to drive my X to the emergency room when he got injured at work. We were stuck there for a few hours and were understandably FAMISHED by the time we were ready to leave. We knew we’d be stuck there for another 10 or 15 minutes while he finished up some paperwork and then it was a 10 minute drive home. The local Pizza Hut NEVER delivered quicker than 45 minutes. Ever.

So we decided to order from my cell phone before leaving the hospital so we’d only have to wait 10 or 15 minutes for the pizza to get there, as opposed to 45 minutes to an hour.

The guy taking the order asked for my home phone, so I gave him my home phone, then told him I was ordering from another location, via cell and if they needed to verify the order (which in our mulitple years of pizza ordering history they’d never done) to do it on my cell. We ordered 2 medium pizzas. Hardly an unusual order. Not to mention we were in their database and ordered our “usual.”

We get home, get settled and wait. And wait. About an hour goes by. No pizza. The hell? I noticed then I had a message on my home voicemail.

“This is so and so from Pizza Hut calling to verify your order. Since you didn’t pick up the phone we’re CANCELLING YOUR ORDER!”

I cannot recreate here how pissed we were. Number one, my outgoing message had my name on it, the same name that was in their database with my address and previous order history. I placed an order consistant with my ordering history with one small change. The time stamp on the voicemail showed the message was left approximately 2 or 3 minutes after I placed the order when I told the guy I was calling from a cell phone, en route home from the hospital! Why would he call my home phone two minutes later to verify something that was the opposite of what I told him??

Argh!

Two years ago and the shit still pisses the hell outta me.

But Elfbabe, we’re talking about PIZZA! There is almost nothing more stressful than being knocked back for a pizza when it’s late and you’re starving. Except maybe finding another Pizza place and then having to wait another fucking hour for that Pizza.

or fixing yourself a dish of cereal.

Bullshit back at you baby.

You can use a cell phone OR the internet to order from our store.

Have to be 18 to drive delivery in Utah…

your state may vary

I admit it: I had a hankerin’ for the Hut. There are great choices in Ann Arbor, sure, but I grew up on Pizza Hut, and there it was, glistening in the sunlight, beckoning us in as we were running errands…

I hate their freakin’ online ordering “system”. I live in a small town outside Charlotte, North Carolina that has 3 major roads. I live on one of these roads. Yet Pizza Hut’s system refuses to acknowledge my address, no matter how I try to enter it: SOUTHPOINT ROAD, SOUTH POINT ROAD, SOUTHPOINT RD, SOUTH POINT RD, HWY 273… Nothing works. “Address not found in out database”. Even if I try lower numbers (like “10 Southpoint Road”), it still fails to recognize the damn address. And I can call them for delivery anytime; it’s just that the missus and I usually order when we’re hungover, so I’m really not too keen on talking to someone and would prefer to order online. This is the sole reason why when it’s really bad I order from Papa Johns, 'cos thier online system actually works. You’d think in a small town where the high school and several businesses have “Southpoint” in their names, someone at the local store would have it fixed but no. I’ve written corporate a letter and left feedback on their site and I too received nothing, not even a form letter or form email. Fucking corporate America.

I consider that an insult to wonder bread and catsup.

As for me, I like Pizza Hut, but only their pasta. If a pizza place doesn’t carry pasta or hoagies then forget it. I gave up on pizza years ago.

To be honest, I think I’d have hung up on you myself; the customer isn’t always right, particularly if he starts to get gobby.

It’s not fair! The local Cici’s doesn’t offer that dessert!

You’re right. My appologies to the Interstate Bakeries Corporation and to Heinz.

Actually, it does: when your prices go up, folks might decide to give some other pizzeria a try. Such as the superior Asheville Pizza and Brewing Company, one of the two sole providers of my pizza needs (the other being myself – I make a kickass pizza, if I do say so myself).

Daniel

This was my experience about 10 years ago. I lived in a horseshoe shaped townhouse development. My house was mile in, near the arc of the shoe. One afternoon, I called Pizza Hut for a delivery. They say, “Sorry we don’t deliver there.” So ok fine you don’t deliver. I’ll order from someone that does. A month later I’m at a friends house in the same development (he lives further in than I do on the horseshoe.) As you might have already guessed, we order a pizza from Pizza Hut. Another month goes by, I call back to order a pizza, thinking they expanded their service area. Nope! Why?! There are two zip code areas to the development. The arc is another zip code. They have to drive by my house to get to the arc! My exchanges with management in explaining this were lets say…futile, stupid, frustrating, maddening and pernicious with persaflage. I hate Pizza Hut!